Upgrade from GA-MA78GM-DS2H to Nvidia 9300 or extra GPU? (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i've a really small case... and i don't do any gaming.... so i don't know about the heat and i need to buy a risercard...

sailort

Portal Member
    April 28, 2008
    I have changed HT speed to 1Ghz and now I can select all deinterlace modes on the same board even with Athlon X2 4850e. You can try this, but I suspect, that these modes are disabled due to performance reasons of HD deint on HD3200. But anyway, it seems that this work at my setup. Maybe you will have to apply ATI Radeon tweaks which you can find somewhere on the net.

T.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    sailort
    i've already tried the reg tweaks - they don't help. Have you manually set up the HT speed in the Bios?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have changed HT speed to 1Ghz and now I can select all deinterlace modes on the same board even with Athlon X2 4850e.(...)
    Damn... you mean you can "fake" HT3? That I did not know.... I played with the idea, but never thought it would actually work...

KevL

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is the HT3 Phenom processor only needed if the onboard HD3200 graphics is used??

If an external graphics card is used e.g. ATI HD4550, 4670 etc then can a non Phenom processor allow HD decode with advanced de-interlace modes on the MA78GM motherboards???

Kev

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I believe that only IGP are affected by the presens or non presens of HT3-capable CPU.
    I think that some of the weakest weakest cards in the ATi HD-series (like HD2400) can not do advanced deinterlacing of 1080i - no matter what CPU you attach.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is only IGP related - cause the external cards to have directly memory attached. It is a problem of the Memory bus to IGP. But i really would like to know what sailort has done.

sailort

Portal Member
    April 28, 2008
    It is only IGP related - cause the external cards to have directly memory attached. It is a problem of the Memory bus to IGP. But i really would like to know what sailort has done.

I have tried to install ATI Radeon Tweaks, but this didn't help. Then I tried to play with some overclocking (after years ;-) and after changing HT to 1.0Ghz in BIOS deint settings was there. I cannot right know approve that this is the way how to do this, but I think that this is way to go. Try this and let us know if this is working for anyone else.

T.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've now set my HT Link to 1Ghz but that doesn't change anything.

I've now reverted back to driver catalyst 8.10 where i can set vforcedeint = 6 in registry and have all deinterlacing methods. But that isn't a real solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom