Upgrade to 2.1 corrupted my TV Configuration (1 Viewer)

FiftyFour##

Portal Member
July 31, 2016
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,
I uninstalled MP2 without removing the data configuration. When I upgraded to 2.1.1 (client server install) the TV Configuration identified 3 TV tuners, even though I only have 2 TV tuners!! I removed the TV tuner with the 'unknown type' and closed TV Configuration. When I re-opened TV Configuration, it crashed. I ran the 'repair' option for MP2. I opened TV Configuration and I went through the settings.

I discovered that the one of the tuners had no TV channels scanned. I scanned for TV signals. The recording folder for the same tuner was the C: drive, which I changed to my S: drive for TV recordngs. All my other TV configuration settings were as before the upgrade.

When I opened the MP2 Client all my old settings were gone, except for the source settings for 2 TV recordings (recordings(1), recordings(2)). Either the upgrade wiped these settings or the MP2 repair wiped the settings. I re-input my settings.

One of the TV recording sources pointed to C: drive. I stopped/started the server but it made no difference. I removed the C: drive source. I tried to add a new source, but it wouldn't allow duplicates, even though the TV Configuration allows you to point to the same location!! I tried to do a "manual add" source, but the helped indicated that I may need transponder information etc. which is when I realised I need help!!!

Please help me get the necessary information to create this source. My TV tuners are identical models so I have no way of knowing which TV Tuner the remaining source relates too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FiftyFour

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When I opened the MP2 Client all my old settings were gone, except for the source settings for 2 TV recordings (recordings(1), recordings(2)).
    The recordings(1) and (2) are automatically added shares that refer to the recording folders of your two tuners, which werde defined in your previous installation. So the TV database was successfully migrated.

Either the upgrade wiped these settings or the MP2 repair wiped the settings. I re-input my settings.
    You did not mention from what version you tried to upgrade. Probably something prior to MP 2.1. The 2.1.1 release news state the following, which you may have overlooked:;)
    Upgrade
    MediaPortal 2.1 has a new media database structure that is not compatible with versions prior to MediaPortal 2.1 Pre Release. The installer will recognize an existing incompatible database and rename it before upgrading the system to the new version.

If you are upgrading from an earlier version than MediaPortal 2.1 you will need to redo your server settings including the setup of media sources. MediaPortal 2.1 will automatically scan each path and import online information as per your settings to allow using all the new features.

the TV Configuration identified 3 TV tuners, even though I only have 2 TV tuners!!
    You may want to give us some information about the hardware that you are using, otherwise it is difficult to comment on this. You would also help the readers if you filled in the hardware details in your forum profile and set it to be visible (see System Specs.)

I tried to add a new source, but it wouldn't allow duplicates
    Shares (what you call "sources") may only be added from within the settings in the client. But Maybe I don't misunderstand what you are saying. TV recording folders are defined in TV Configuration and you can set one folder per tuner. Different tuners may record to different folders. These recording folders are then automatically recognized my MediaPortal 2 and added as auto-shares, e.g. Recordings (1).

even though the TV Configuration allows you to point to the same location!!
    Can you describe in more detail what you would like to achieve?

Please help me get the necessary information to create this source. My TV tuners are identical models so I have no way of knowing which TV Tuner the remaining source relates too.
    Now I am getting lost :). Please post logs - use the LogCollector - as described in Bug Reports and Log Files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom