Upgraded to 1.12 final, can't record (1 Viewer)

rileydogmi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have been running flawless with 1.9 for several months and I decided to upgrade to 1.12... In 1.9, I do have the Hauppage HD PVR 2 "patch" and also record to a networked drive - both worked fine - I haven't changed anything on my system except upgrading to 1.12 - after I upgraded to 1.12, I had to patch the TV service again to support the PVR 2.

Whenever I try to change channels or record, I get the "no free card" error in Media Portal. I also see that in the logs too. I can see TV fine in the viewing window - and, I do see TV channels when I Preview in the TV Channels area in the TV Server Configuration app...

Thanks for your help - hoping to get 1.12 as stable as 1.09 was!

resa

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2008
    the sunny side.
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    seems you have problems with write permissions on several folders from here. i.e. medianas/multimedia/recordings/

have you checked if destination for timeshift is still the right place?

regards

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello :)

Wow, your log file is sooo full of errors, it's hard to know where to begin.

First, please go to the TV Channels -> Mapping sub-section within TV Server Configuration and ensure all channels are mapped to your tuner (ie. select the HD-PVR 2 up the top, then ensure all channels are listed on the right). I expect you'll find that channels like "LIFED" are not mapped, and that is one reason why they're not working.

Second, @resa is right: it appears like you have a permissions issue on your network share. That's what is preventing you from recording.

Please fix these 2 things for a start, then let us know if you still have problems.

Regards,
    mm

rileydogmi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks! I guess when I upgraded the TV Service reverted to running as a local service - I changed that back to run as the admin user. I also mapped all the channels per your email - yes, after I upgraded I guess a lot of new channels came in. I tested recording and it seemed to work - thanks again,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom