Upgraded to 1.4.0 but reverted back to 1.3.0 - Issues (1 Viewer)

jocke4u

Portal Member
October 26, 2011
Hi,

I updated to 1.4.0 on both server and clients. Unfortunately I got problems with the most important client.

After a fresh booting, Windows 7 works just fine. When starting MediaPortal 1.4.0 the picture starts to flicker (distortion or what to call it) i.e. approx every 5 sec the picture flash with some "white stripes". This is when just having the menu but continue e.g. when starting LiveTV also.

After restarting MP I also get a black screen, nothing else and in the logs I get a lot of:
Code:
[2013-07-09 18:24:04,480] [Log	] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - Exception: Fel i tillämpningsprogrammet.
-2005532292 (D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY)
  vid Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
  vid Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
  vid Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
  vid MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)  Message: Fel i tillämpningsprogrammet.  Site  : Void PresentInternal(Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, IntPtr)  Source : Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D  Stack Trace:	vid Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
  vid Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
  vid Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
  vid MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)

It's not a high-end machine, ASUSTek Computer INC. M2NPV-VM motherboard using the internal video capabilities (GeForce 6150 with Physical Memory: 32 MB and Virtual Memory: 1824 MB).

To me it feels that MP 1.4.0 uses DirectX in another way that is not optimal.

So I reverted back the client to 1.3.0 and luckily it seems to work with server with 1.4.0....and also working again

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
what amount of shared memory have you set in BIOS for your graphic card? 512 MB is required minimum (shared or physical).
And don't mix it with your available RAM size!

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
It's not a high-end machine
yes, 7 years old PC can have some problems when it comes to modern applications.
I guess with MP1.4 you have used other skin (titan?) that has other video memory requirements (faster and more beautiful have own costs...)

jocke4u

Portal Member
October 26, 2011
what amount of shared memory have you set in BIOS for your graphic card? 512 MB is required minimum (shared or physical).
And don't mix it with your available RAM size!
I just checked BIOS and changed memory size
Now it reports Physical Memory: 256 MB and Virtual Memory: 1920 MB.

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal/requirements says "Video card: DirectX 9 compatible video card with at least 128 MB of video memory"

I can only wonder why even 1.3.0 was able to work with such GPU :)
Sure, but 1.3.0 works pretty good :)

yes, 7 years old PC can have some problems when it comes to modern applications.
I guess with MP1.4 you have used other skin (titan?) that has other video memory requirements (faster and more beautiful have own costs...)
Yes, I know :) I am using Titan skin and works fine with 1.3.0. With 1.4.0 I tried both Titan and "default" but got the same flickering.

jocke4u

Portal Member
October 26, 2011
I tested to upgrade to 1.4.0 once again with increased memory (256 MB) in BIOS and it seems that the issue was resolved :)
I need to evaluate a bit more since I noted some lag but I guess that is because bad signal on that particular channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom