upgraded to mp2 but have a few queries! (1 Viewer)

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
March 27, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
As a long time media portal user (from 1.5) I decided to give MP2 another go..

Took me so long to get it to install bit that was my fault for disabling windows update as I had a stable mp1 build!

So my first question.. now I've got it running I imported my media.. a lot of my films came in wrong.. how do I edit or delete the wrong ones? I guess I need to edit the filenames before I reimport to get the correct details?

I have a standalone server with no viewing abilities (it's hidden in the loft) with the tuners and a big raid array on it with all the media. So when I got my first client running I pointed it to my mapped raid array via local file system to add the media but it is taking forever.. is there a different way (or faster way) to do this?

I have a harmony ultimate which works as an hid Bluetooth keyboard which worked beautifully on mp1 but most of the keys apart from navigation in MP2 don't work. I managed to use the harmony app to redefine the buttons on the remote so I have the TV guide, back etc working. I can't seem to get the 'info' button to map to anything. I tried using the input device manager plugin and it apparently mapped it but it still doesn't work.. so on a keyboard it's the menu key but harmony doesn't seem to support this.. any ideas?

Under the movie section I can see my films under movies, videos is empty, the browse all media button comes up with a big red 'can not build this view' message..

Online videos is very glitchy... it seems I can't get BBC Iplayer to work correctly. I get a lot of 'can't open media xaxdgjakckfk2432nfnf' type errors, weirdly on a program I've watched already.

I'll post some logs when I get chance..

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
March 27, 2013
Home Country
have a standalone server with no viewing abilities (it's hidden in the loft) with the tuners and a big raid array on it with all the media. So when I got my first client running I pointed it to my mapped raid array via local file system to add the media but it is taking forever.. is there a different way (or faster way) to do this?

Think I figured this one out on my own.. just realised I inadvertently added the shares as a client share via filesysyem not as a server share via filesysyem..

I've also just spent the last 45mins trying to get my second client to find the server.. I tried binding IP addresses, turning windows firewall on and off, rebooting etc.. not a thing. It turns out I had to disconnect from the server (that I wasn't actually connected to) in order to then search and connect to the server. Doesn't mention this in the manuals!!

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
March 27, 2013
Home Country
Also.. on my 2nd client I am using a Bluetooth mini keyboard that has a play/pause button only.. how do I exactly stop the live TV? I used to use the TV off button on MP1 but this doesn't seem to exist anymore and pressing the 'B' key doesn't work either!

coolblue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    nähe Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello jonathantwyn,

because the key mappings in mp2 isn't completly done, you should buy an eHome RC6 USB IR receiver and reprogramm your Harmony to use IR signals.

As far as I know there is no way to control all functions via keyboard.

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2013
    Home Country
    I've been having a tinker in the harmony app again and have managed to get as much working as I need!

The info key was actually simpler than I realised.. so simple and obvious that I didn't see it!

All I had to do was go into the harmony app and and map the Info button as 'right click' it doesn't seem to matter in media portal where the right click happens as it defaults to the currently selected object so it works perfectly!

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2013
    Home Country
    This still leaves me with my original question of how to edit the imported media libraries as I have incorrectly named films. I also have some films correctly named but with the wrong year.. for instance I have a 1955 Lady Killers but it imported it as the 2004 remake!!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I guess I need to edit the filenames before I reimport to get the correct details?
    This is one option. Add the matching TT number (IMDB-ID number) to the video file name. Another option is to add .nfo files near to your video files. Those .nfo files are locally available metadata that can be imported into the ML. With this every movie is imported 100% correct.
    There are tools available to generate those .nfo files automatically. TinyMedia Manager, Ember Media Manager or MKV-Buddy (now named Media-Buddy) just to name a few of them... You even could export your Moving Pictures metadata into the .nfo form with a tool called MKovPicNfo. This way any other HTPC tool (incl MP2 Kodi, Plex,...) can re- import them easily.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Next version 2.2 will also offer the chance to correct already imported single media items within client. You’ll be able to search by ID or string online and match the right result out of the list of search results.

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2013
    Home Country
    OK. I will have a go with .nfo files in the mean time and eagerly await 2.2! What's the expected release date? If you need any more beta tester's I'm happy to help. I have a tendency to be able to break something if it can be broken!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom