SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi all!

Im wondering if uPNP support will be added to iPiMP?

The reason im asking is due to getting a new router(non-Dlink) that wont let me assign an external public port to a private internal port... removing the potential for me to connect to my tv server from my iPhone(or another PC) for scheduling recordings and streaming channels. I have other webservers working externally via the internet due to uPNP support.

Just wondering if support for uPNP is on the roadmap.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A router that does not allow port forwarding? How could uPnP help in that case? Usually uPnP would just inform the router that the port should be forwarded resulting in the same needed functionality.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have another webserver running on this PC and it has uPNP support. It shows up in the uPNP list and works perfectly.
    iPiMP on the other hand does not have uPNP support and i cannot forward the port manually on my router. So i cannot forward the external port to the internal port (80).
    Its a Netgear CG3000 - there are absolutely no settings for port forwarding unlike my old DLink (my ISP sent me a new modem/router that has dhcp inside so i cant really use my old router any more). I can get iPiMP working 100% over the lan but not via the internet.

Not really sure how to configure it now.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i can access the routers webpage for configuration.. but port forwarding exists nowhere in it

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

In theory that model has port forwarding (its quite a good spec) - but I assume your ISP has custom firmware on it (removing some of these functions)?

J.

ps - It should be under "Advanced" from the main menu.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ah nvm i got it working just took a reinstall of ipimp (and ther service was not started for some reason) .. then the new router took getting some use to .. all good now!!

ty so muc for the hard work putting this together.. i can schedule tv recordings when im out and about =)

so god damn handy =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom