usb lcd (photoframe) samsung on MP? (1 Viewer)

ebk71

Portal Member
May 16, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Samsung produces a few photoframes with usb connection capable being used as a second monitor. You need to install samsung software to drive the photoframe. I believe this works different then the U70 they had a few years back. But is this principle working with MP?
I found several topics with this Q, but none was answered. If there could be a chance for success I can purchase a secondhand and try it out, but I don't have any use for just a photoframe :)

Andrusha777

Portal Pro
December 3, 2009
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Hi! Recently i bought Samsung spf-87h
So it works as external display, but in system it recognizes as anther video card! So Win XP shows desktop on it, but i can't understand how to attach it to mediaportal?! In MP config i can't switch displays, may be because it works as different video adapter?

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
AW: usb lcd (photoframe) samsung on MP?

you need mpdisplay 2 (plugin)

There is a german thread about it, it works, but i dont know how well. It seems you have to select the frame in some samsung software every time you start the pc that it switches to minidisplay mode...

Andrusha777

Portal Pro
December 3, 2009
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
cubii, not so bat as u think abous samsung. It can perfetly works in mode, which was selected before poweroff. So if monitor mode was selected, it's starts with a monitor mode. No software management needed. You only have to install samsung software once - is installs some drivers. Frame also can work by USB connection without any power adaptor. Only bad thing is, that you manually need to switch on fotoframe or off.

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
AW: Re: usb lcd (photoframe) samsung on MP?

Only bad thing is, that you manually need to switch on fotoframe or off.

That means that the frame doesnt start when pc is powered on? (only manualy?)

So it seems not as good as i thought for an external display for mediaportal..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom