USBUIRT - Multiple steps on button press (1 Viewer)

ddj147

Portal Member
November 17, 2006
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

I used to run a very old version of MP (maybe 1.1 or 1.2 - can't quite remember) and decided to upgrade my primary HDD to an SSD so did a complete new install of Windows 7 SP1 + MP 1.6 + USBUIRT for the remote.

The latest USBUIRT driver seems to have installed properly and shows in the MP config screen.
I can select a particular function like MOVE LEFT or MOVE UP etc and record the relevant code from my remote control OK.

However, there are two issues :

1) I cannot record any code for the PREV function as MP Config screen crashes which makes navigating MP really difficult without being able to go back to the previous screen

2) When I'm in any MP module (Music, Picture etc...) if I hit the one of the remote buttons like MOVE DOWN once it works fine and just moves down one field, but the second time I hit MOVE DOWN it skips 3 lines. This happens every subsequent time until I hit a different button and start the sequence again. I've found this with any button I've coded with USBUIRT (UP, DOWN, LEFT, PAGE UP etc...). Any ideas on what might be causing this and how to fix it ?

Unfortunately without these key functions working I have a pretty unusable MediaPortal which is a real shame because my older version worked just fine !

Any help would be appreciated.

htpchtpc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I quit using the built-in mp usbuirt, (multiple presses and forgets settings, previous channel button never did work) I like using IRSS
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/tools/ir-server-suite-irss I used the abstract remote and learn and mapped the codes to it. Your remote might act differently, but mine had three codes for every button.I think that would be why it would not double press every time. now it just works, controls the receiver volume too. check out the irss wiki and forum

ddj147

Portal Member
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi, thanks for the suggestion of IRSS. I've had a quick look and installed it, but I'm having no luck with it either. I chose USBUIRT in the config screen. Then tried Debug client initially and when I try and learn a code it says "IR Server not setup to support learning". I checked that I disabled it explicitly in the MP config screen so there was no conflict. Not sure what to try next !

htpchtpc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    you were correct to select usbuirt in input service config (see wiki).To set up your usbuirt click on abstactor (start/all programs/ir server suite/ abstractor) . With your host name showing, click connect and your receiver should show up under the receivers list (usbuirt), name your remote and save it. The rest of the learning, I did in mp config/plugins/process plugins with the mp control plugin (big green IR on it) as there are a lot more options there. I hope this helps,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom