USBUIRT Setup (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Integration of the USBUIRT remote control receiver/xmitter device is now standard in MediaPortal. If you have this popular device, you can use virtually any IR remote control, program it for the most commonly used MediaPortal buttons, and throw your mouse and keyboard away [figuratively].

The USBUIRT device drivers have to be installed first into your O/S. Visit www.usbuirt.com/support.htm for more details.
In Tools>Options, enable USBUIRT for Input. Click Learn Internal Commands, and follow the instructions.

If your TV Tuner is of the external kind, i.e. You are using a cable box, VCR, etc. that needs to be selected for viewing channels [and MediaPortal is receiving the signal by composite or S-Video input] select Enable USBUIRT for Output [External TUNERS] checkbox, and install an IR transmitter into the USBUIRT output jack. See documentation with device. Then when you want to change channels on MediaPortal, the corresponding IR signal is sent to your external Tuner. You must click Learn Tuner Commands, and follow the prompts.

If you want to address the channels directly without haveing to scan the list, and you have 3 digit inputs, select the Tuner has 3 Digits check box. This means that you can enter a channel number of 169, by simply pressing those digits. If your tuner also requires an acknowlegement of your input, then select Tuner Needs Enter After Changing Channel check box.

A

Anonymous

One other thing

For those of you new to the USBUIRT (like I was), if your training it to program an external receiver, your remote needs to be six inches from the USBUIRT for programming to work.

A

Anonymous

I just got a USB-UIRT device, and I can't seem to get it working with MP 0.1.1.1

I had originally upgraded from 0.1.0.9, and the "Learn Tuner Commands" wizard would cause the configuration tool to lock up. Doing a clean install seemed to fix this problem, and I was able to complete the wizard.

[ Atleast I think it completed. I got through the numbers, and got to the "enter" key. USB-UIRT seemed to finish receiving the code, but the MP screen never changed. Is this supposed to happen? ]

When I attempt to change channels in MP, no signal is sent to my receiver.

I installed BeyondTV to make sure it wasn't something wrong with my setup, and everything seems to work fine. Is this functionality no longer working in the latest version?

audball

Portal Member
July 11, 2005
Union City, CA
driver not detected

I just got my usbuirt. I have mp 1.1.3. Says USBIRT is not detected. I downloaded and installed drivers 1.4 from thier website. Is there anything else I need to check or do?

Thanks,
Aud

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I have a usb-uirt too and am very willing to help you to get it to work, but not on version 1.1.3. I suggest downloading 0.2 and installing the 0.2.0.4 Patch. Once this is done and you still can't get it to work... let me know.

audball

Portal Member
    July 11, 2005
    Union City, CA
    I did download and install 0.2.0, but I get the same thing. USBUIRT device not detected. I prefer mp 0.1.3 because of my software tuner card. But I upgraded anyway and got the same problem.

audball

Portal Member
    July 11, 2005
    Union City, CA
    Asidie,
    What version driver are you using for USBUIRT? I am using latest version 1.4. I got a feeling that this driver is incompatible. Can someone confirm that they are able to use this driver with mediaportal?

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    This is what I have inside MP under remotes/usb-uirt.

Firmware Version 5.9 (March 26, 2004)
    USBUIRT Plugin Version (1.16 Feb 18, 2006)

In the device manager I have:

Driver Version 1.5.5.0 (3/17/03)

Go ahead and download these drivers HERE

After you install them, please check the your version numbers inside MP and then inside your device manager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom