BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi ge2301,

Btw. the import can take quite some time according to the amount and type of media.
    If everything is scrapped from online sources (all activated in settings), all aspects are selected (artist, actor, director, ...) a huge amount of data need to be downloaded! I'm working on some diagrams to give users a clue which time they would need to expect, but for this I need some inputs at first.

I would like to take my local fanart, covers etc. but I did not find the setting for that. Could you please tell me where it is? I am using Titan Extended if that matters.

Cheers

Blue Max

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    It's in settings>server settings> and then in movies import settings or series import settings or audio import settings, depending on what type of source you want only local fanart for. But to be effective this has to be adjusted before adding any media sources of this type. If you have added a source before adjusting those settings the importer has downloaded online fanart already that stays in the cache and for this it will be used. Everything that is in the cache is used.
    If you want to get rid of those downloaded fanart you need to remove all media sources and the cache or even better remove the whole c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\ folder. and reinstall MP 2.1. This is the fastest way to get rid of the unwanted fanart. But you should save the "MP2TVE_3.s3db" database file and restore it later, so you don't need to configure the TV Engine again.
    Then after this reinstall first adjust the server settings before you add media sources. This also is mentioned in our new Wiki:
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/wiki/display/MediaPortal2/Media+Sources

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But to be effective this has to be adjusted before adding any media sources of this type. If you have added a source before adjusting those settings the importer has downloaded online fanart already that stays in the cache and for this it will be used. Everything that is in the cache is used.
    We could highlight this in a more prominent manner in the Wiki. As discussed yesterday, the individual sections may be too long each and might be better sub-divided, so that they can be consumed in smaller portions.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Lehmden,

thank you for the information. I had a look at the Wiki yesterday but seem to have overlooked it. I will do a fresh install with the TV DB backed up. Thanks for the advice. Also the MP 2 settings menu structure is sometimes not very logical for me. I am sometimes confused by menu items in the center of the screen without main topic on the left hand site but then there are other main topics on the left hand site but I am distracted by the center menu list.

Edit: Another question, I can not find the answer in the Wiki: what ist the naming convention for fanart when there is more than one? Is it backdrop (like Moving Pictures default) and subsequently backdrop2.jpg, backdrop 3.jpg ... or is it fanart.jpg, fanart2, jpg, fanart3.jpg ... or is both possible?

Cheers

Blue Max

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom