Use only one picture for generated picture folder thumbs? (1 Viewer)

coopers

Portal Pro
November 8, 2005
Adelaide
Home Country
Hi folks,

Currently when viewing pictures in MP, it creates a thumbnail for the folder as you navigate in "my pictures" in mediaportal.
Currently that thumbnail is a composite of 4 photos from the folder.

Is there a way to just use a single picture for this? 4 photos in a composite is nice, but it's a bit too small.

thanks!

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No - currently not.
    The size solely depends on the skins though. Users with larger display / beamers might disagree with you ;)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Currently when viewing pictures in MP, it creates a thumbnail for the folder as you navigate in "my pictures" in mediaportal.
    Currently that thumbnail is a composite of 4 photos from the folder.

Is there a way to just use a single picture for this? 4 photos in a composite is nice, but it's a bit too small.

Hoping to get a piclens style layout for this in a future release, but no one to spend time on it atm, so may not appear until MP2.

coopers

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2005
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    Ok, thanks guys.

I guess I can go through and create folder.jpg's myself. Possibly I can python script something to help me do it quickly.

I notice the jpgs created are quite small in size/resolution. Is there a "recommended" size that I should use? (I note that larger FOLDER.jpg files seems to affect performance, it's slower to load them). Was there a reason behind how the file size selected for auto-generated folder.jpg in mediaportal?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The configuration options for thumbnail quality should give you the reason:
    Display size <-> Performance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom