use Technisat TTS35AI remote with MP 0.2.0.0.RC1 (1 Viewer)

Ollitux

November 7, 2005
Cologne
Area: Media Portal Program
MP Version: 0.2.0.0.RC1
Skin: mce
Windows Version: Win XP SP2
CPU Type: AMD Duron 1200
Memory: 2*256 MB Apacer DDR 333
Motherboard Chipset: AMD KT2 Ultra
Video Card: Pixelview Geforce 2 Pro
Video Card Driver: 56.55
Video Card Resolution: 800*600
Video Render Type: Overlay
Video Codec Type & Version:
Audio Codec Type & Version:
TV Card: Technisat Skystar 2
TV Card Type: software / hardware / DVB
TV Card Driver: 4.3.0.999

Everything works fine (even on my slow machine). But i can´t get the Technisat remote, bundled with the skystar 2 PCI TV-Card, to work with MP. It works fine with the DVB-Viewer from the CD. Installed WinLir and set the path to the config file of the remote. What else do I have to do until MP recognizes my Technisat Remote? I really love this Software but without a remote it is quite useless for me.

a.dimuzio

Portal Member
November 2, 2004
I already used this remote with MP some months ago. If I'm not wrong there is a WinLirc plugin you have to configure to map the remote codes with commands in MP.

Check it under plugins on MP setup screen.

Let me know if you need more help and I'll try it myself.

Ollitux

November 7, 2005
Cologne
@ a.dimuzio : thank you for your help

I got some problems with the plugin. If i want to change the path to WinLirc and save the settings I always get an error message. Probably it´s because i use Version 0.2 of MP instead 0.1.3. But i don´t want to downgrade, because everything else works pretty fine and i spendet some time in configure MP. Maybe got the wrong plugin?

http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/plugins:winlirc

P.S.: the mapping does not work in the plugin

a.dimuzio

Portal Member
November 2, 2004
Ollitux said:
I got some problems with the plugin. If i want to change the path to WinLirc and save the settings I always get an error message. Probably it´s because i use Version 0.2 of MP instead 0.1.3. But i don´t want to downgrade, because everything else works pretty fine and i spendet some time in configure MP. Maybe got the wrong plugin?

You should probably ask to the plugin's author to get a correct version. The latest version I'm pretty sure works only on 0.1.3
So you have to find the previous plugin version. This will work with your setup.

Check out the forum to find the post where the plugin was first presented. I'm sure there are a lot of info in that post and may be you can even find the correct version to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom