Usenet News Service (1 Viewer)

Which usenet news service is your favorite?

• Total voters

Pro-Pain

Portal Member
August 21, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'm using XLned. Ca 55€/year at 10Mbits/sec without limitation and average retention of 220+ days works just fine for me.
Don't really know why I was using Usenext for so long. Im really glad mpNZB forced me to look for alternatives, because the
easy to use search function in the Usenext client was gone and I had to go deeper into the Usenetboards realizing its not that difficult as it seemed in the first place and there were lots! of cheaper alternatives.

bloasfist

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
anybody using the free ipv6 test-servers? I've done that for about a year, but recently these services became to unreliable, so i just payed the €7,50 a month for eweka usenet...
However, as a possible feature for mpnzb, it might be cool if the status of these newsservers like what's done here could be visualised... (a green or red 'light' within mpnzb for each of the 3 services... don't know if there are more of these ipv6 free newsservers...)

MageMinds

Portal Pro
January 29, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I'm using UsenetServer.com, they have a year plan at 95.40USD they claim to have 600+ days, I find that when you're near the end of the retention you get broken download, so I would say that have more like 550+ days, but hey that more than most Giganews alternative.

I've been with them for a year now and I'm really happy. Before that I was downloading with my ISP less than 30 days retention with a combination of free ipv6 servers, when they became unstable about a year ago I decided it was time to get serious...

Long life to Usenet and screw Torrents...

MageMinds

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom