Users Manual (FAQ) Volunteers? (1 Viewer)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello fforde!

And yes it will be a wiki, I wanted to use the wiki on the Google Code page, but I am not sure it is flexible enough. I am going to have to look at options this weekend.

I tink the "normal" Wiki is the better choice for the users! Google Wiki for the Dev-Team!

Best Regards
    Helios

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yeah I agree the Google Code wiki is really pretty lousy. The formating options are terrible and it uses the SVN repository as storage space, which isn't a big deal, but that means a new revision in SVN is created with every wiki change.

So I am debating between a Google Sites page or the MediaPortal wiki. I think the presentation for a Google Sites page could be a lot nicer, plus it gives you the ability to attach files and documents. Additionally this could maybe be the foundation for an official Moving Pictures website. Then again though, the only real draw back is editing privilges have to be assigned. There is no anonymous editing so people would have to volunteer and be added. This is a big draw back to me.

So what do you guys think? Do you think a Google Sites page would be worth doing, or would just a plain wiki page on the MediaPortal wiki be preferable?

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    Why not both? Make an introduction page either on googlecode or googlepages, but use existing wiki of team-mediaportal website for that.
    Dynamic content goes to wiki, static you can keep on google.

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2008
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Do you think a Google Sites page would be worth doing, or would just a plain wiki page on the MediaPortal wiki be preferable?

I'd be happy to help. I'm waiting for 0.5.5. before I try this plug-in, but as I haven't used it yet, I'd be a good guinea pig. Knowing that I'd be writing a user guide also means I'll have to engage my brain when installing!

My view is that the user manual should definately be in the MediaPortal wiki, not elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom