Using Fanart etc from XBMC (1 Viewer)

videogamingtown

Portal Member
November 21, 2011
Hi , i just started using mediaportal after a switch from XBMC, i have organised movie folders each with fanart posters and nfo files inside each movie folder. How can i load these up in mediaportal without having it switch to online grabbing again?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

videogamingtown

Portal Member
    November 21, 2011
    yeah but its confusing... i ticked use nfo files in the configuration... it seems to find my posters ok and displays them along with movie name but i have no movie description etc. and no fanart?

i used a 3rd party program called media companion on all my movies so in every single folder there is a fanart.jpg tbn file and nfo file but only the movie poster displays in mediaportal and i really dont want to go through everything and rename it all again/reorganise (it took up enough time already)

videogamingtown

Portal Member
    November 21, 2011
    i dont think you understand. i have fanart and posters on my local hard drive, but yet it always goes online to redownload it all . can i use the fanart on my local drive? it is all named correctly eg. moviename-fanart.jpg

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When you are speaking about the inbuilt Video-plugin of MediaPortal, the Fanart Handler plugin needs to be installed to make use of backdrops.
    Also NO "*.tbn" extension is allowed! Please make some screenshots of the three tabs of the Video Database section within MediaPortal Configuration
    for further assistance!

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    hum, i think is your folder.jpg
    the priority is :
    1 : folder.jpg
    2 : moviename.jpg
    3 : moviename.tbn
    can you try the 1.6 Pre-release ? or wait a bit, the 1.6 should be released in few days

for import the file should be added inside NFO.

@Deda : was not an issue you have already corrected ?

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @azzuro is right with the priority and also that tbn works for posters (not for fanarts).
    He is wrong when he says it has to be written (the path?) in the nfo.

@videogamingtown
    have you tried the Fanart Handler plugin for backdrops?
    For the description problem, here on MediaPortal 1.4 internet lookups take precedence over nfo files
    as long as "Use internal nfo scrapper only" is NOT checked under the settings tab of the videodatabase section.
    Btw. your database is empty :confused: If you don't want to use it also check "Do not use database", but then extra actor informations
    and some other thing do not work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom