Using Fanart with Aeon Wide Skin (1 Viewer)

dA.oOZe

Portal Pro
February 8, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Now THAT is a great description. Thank you, will try it as soon as I am home.

One additional question regarding the filenames: Is it important how images are named? Or will MP display everything that ends with .jpg, .png and such?

Ah, and one more ;) : Does MP pick a random image as "start-image" when entering a new screen or will it display the first file in the folder?

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Regarding the file extensions: It reads afaik .jpg .png and .bmp (might be any image file MP can read, but I'm not sure).
What you should know is that .bmp's load faster compared too .png and jpg, as bmp arent compressed. Don't think you can notice it on a "fast" computer tho, I can't on mine anyways.

Ah, and one more ;) : Does MP pick a random image as "start-image" when entering a new screen or will it display the first file in the folder?

Well you can actually choose for yourself.. This is where the randomize option comes into play:

Code:
   <control>
      <type>multiimage</type>
      <id>98792</id>
      <posx>0</posx>
      <posy>0</posy>
      <width>1366</width>
      <height>768</height>
      <imagepath>plugins</imagepath>
      <timeperimage>60000</timeperimage>
      <fadetime>800</fadetime>
      <loop>yes</loop>
      [COLOR="Red"]<randomize>true</randomize>[/COLOR]
    </control>

Set it to true to get a random picture, or false if you want to have your images come in a set order(which is windows normal sorting order; 123 abc)

While we're at it, notice the " <timeperimage>60000</timeperimage>", it sets for how long each image should stay onscreen before it swaps. 60000 is how many millisecs, so 60000 = 60 sec. I preffer 30(sec), but skin default is 60 I think.

TechnoBuddhi

Portal Member
September 15, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm a newbie with MP and I don't know if the previous question is the same as mine(I didn't understand some of the thread :( ).

Does MP Allow the background to change according to the movie that has focus? E.g. I'm using Aeon Wide theme and when I'm viewing my movies, the background cycles between 5 movies( The movies in Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Aeon wide\Media\Animations\movies).

Can I get MP/Aeon Wide to change the background to be the same as the movie that is currently in focus? I've tried to rename the files MV0001.jpg to be the Aeon Flux.jpg (to match the name of the film i the database and it's doesn't work.

Am I barking up the wrong tree? is there a way of doing this?

BTW - I don't understand the reference to MyEmulators.xml? The myemulators.xml in AeonWide doesn't have any of the nodes that are mentioned in this thread and when I go looking for MyEmulators I get references to games emulation!!??

[EDIT]
I've just found the Moving Pictures plugin(it doesn't look like Aeon Wide is compatible), does anybody know if it will do what I want? I'm gonna back up my database before I start playing around with it. But it'd be handy if anybody out there has any experience of this plugin could share.
[/EDIT]

Thx in advance to all.

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
May 28, 2006
Den Bosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Techno welcome to the MP community!
Moving Pictures does exactly what you want, but its bit beta for now...
Still it works fine here! (als works with AEON)

wenkman

Portal Member
November 27, 2006
Hi there!

I was following this thread because I just installes my MP new a few days ago and found this great Aeon Wide skin. But now i would like to have fanart for my TV Series but I don't get it to work the way I like:

How can I convince MP to show in TVSeries, Series View only the fanart of that particular series? Where do I have to put the images and how do I have to name them?

I tried no2 and no4 of those TVSeries.xml files:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/aeon-274/aeon-wide-tvseries-42708/

Would anyone give me a hint?

Thanks!

wenkman

Portal Member
November 27, 2006
Sorry, just found out for myself. Fan Art goes here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Program Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\fan art

But still: is it possible to cycle Fanart on one series through? So when you're displaying "Lost" in Season View, that there are different images every 5 seconds or so?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom