Using Folder Name over Data Name? (1 Viewer)

Zeppelin

Portal Pro
August 5, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there,

is there any way to set up TVSeries, that it emphasises on the folder names instead of the data names?
I'm asking because my folders are very well organised ("series name"\Season 1\data1.avi; etc.), but the video files sometimes are just named with the episode number, so 1.avi, 2.avi, ...

I try to avoid manual import and want to do everything automatically, so this would be very helpfull!

And just a quick second question: Does TVSeries search for new files every time MP is started? Because then I could set the value for rescanning the folders much higher...

Greets

Hillbillie

Portal Member
June 19, 2009
Arkansas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I use a program called TVRenamer. It will automatically rename all your tv episodes to the correct name. (Most times). It has a learning curve and you have to make sure that your numbered episodes are correct. For example make sure that episodes 14 is really 14. On episodes that are multi part, you might have to manually name these.
This program has saved me a lot of time.
tvrename dot com

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    is there any way to set up TVSeries

Yes, adjust the regular expressions order used, the default #1 expression goes for filename. However if it does not find a proper match, then MP-TVSeries will move on to the next. Had you provided a full folder+filename example it would have been much easier to provide you with assistance, so now you will have to test for yourself.

And just a quick second question: Does TVSeries search for new files every time MP is started? Because then I could set the value for rescanning the folders much higher...

Yes, you can adjust this in MP-TVSeries config, this is also explained in the wiki.

Zeppelin

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, adjust the regular expressions order used, the default #1 expression goes for filename. However if it does not find a proper match, then MP-TVSeries will move on to the next. Had you provided a full folder+filename example it would have been much easier to provide you with assistance, so now you will have to test for yourself.

My Series folder is always like that:
    D:\Serien\"Name of the Series"\Season "Number"\"filename01.avi"

Does this help?

Greets

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I'm using this name scheme :
    \\Server\d\Serien\Fringe\1\01 - Flug 627.mkv where \\Server\d\Serien is the path to all series, Fringe is the subfolder for series "Fringe", "1" is subfolder for season one, "01 - " is the number of the episode and "Flug 627" is the (german) name of the episode. This is strictly the same on all series/episodes excerpt for "double episodes". They are named like this: "\\Server\d\Serien\Bones\4\01 - Zwei Amerikaner in Großbritannien 1 & 02 - Zwei Amerikaner in Großbritannien 2.mkv". So I only need two type "simple" parsing expressions. First is: "<series>\<season>\<episode> - <title> & <episode2> - <title2>.<ext>" and second is "<series>\<season>\<episode> - <title>.<ext>". It's important to keep this order as if you swap no double episodes would be recognised at all...
    This is working 100%...
    There is a single exception on original Battlestar Galactica. There the pilot movie is split into 3 episodes on air. There I have created a hard link to get all three episodes shown inside TVSeries...

You're using very similar scheme so not much modifications has to be made. I can't exactly see if you have episode number in your file name what would be really important. The episode title is not absolutely necessary but helps a lot if you want to add something which is not available at tvdb at all...

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For MP-TVseries only the name of the file is important, if you use the following naming rule:

Name of TV-Show - Season Number Episode Number - Episode Title.extension
    Fringe - S01E12 - The Transformation.mkv

With this scheme you can put all your TV-Shows in one folder and they will be picked up fine by MP-TVSeries. I think nobody will do so, but it is possible without any problems!

Best regards
    Helios

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom