using Graphedit .grf files (1 Viewer)

mkeuper

Portal Member
December 30, 2005
Hi ,

I'm pretty new at this, so bear with me if I'm talking complete nonsense.

I can't get my capture card to work (Lifeview tv walker ultra, see other post), and I have been playing with Graphedit (extremely cool tool!) for a while to see how things work and what it takes to get TV from the tuner to the screen. Now here is my thought: I can create a filter graph in Graphedit that displays the tv signal perfectly. Could I somehow tell Media Portal to use this specific graph instead of using the settings in MP that define the codecs etc?

Again, I might be talking nonsense and might have completely misunderstood the use & purpose of graphedit. Fact remains that I can easily get an image on screen with graphedit while I'm not much of a programmer.

Thanks,
Matthijs

mkeuper

Portal Member
December 30, 2005
It is a H/W encoding card, it's on the supported cards list, but somehow it doesn't work yet for me.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Does the information in the link that FlipGer posted (above), or the information here, answer your queries?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You have to have the LifeView application installed (not running)
    And the card must be set in MPEG-2 capture mode not MPEG-4.

We don't have the SDK for the WinGo chipset so we can't do much more that that.

DMAN

mkeuper

Portal Member
    December 30, 2005
    I checked the info in the links provided, but that did not help me. The info in CaptureCardDefinitions.xml matches the connections I get with graphedit.

I'll play with it some more for a while. If I can't get it to work, I'll switch back to Gbpvr and hope for more luck with a next version of MP.

Thanks,
    Matthijs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom