[solved] Using Kodi Client and Media Portal 2 Client at the same time (1 Viewer)

VFGW

September 21, 2021
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

can I use Kodi and the Media Portal 2 Client at the same time if I install the TVServerKodi plugin on the Media Portal 2 Server?
Or can I then only use Kodi as client?

In our company we use Media Portal 2 clients, but now we also need clients for Linux systems.
I can't force everyone who is used to Media Portal 2 clients to use Kodi now and so I am looking for an alternative solution here.

I thank you in advance for your answers!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    can I use Kodi and the Media Portal 2 Client at the same time if I install the TVServerKodi plugin on the Media Portal 2 Server?
    Hi.
    Yes, you can use Kodi and MediaPortal 2 clients mixed in every combination you want. Only limit is the number of available tuners in your server. If yo have e.g. 4 Tuner you can use 3 Kodi and 1 MP client or 2 Kodi and 2 MP or every other combination...

Tuner sharing is possible too. A Kodi and a MP client can watch the same channel (e.G. "Das Erste") at the same time with a single tuner occupied...

VFGW

September 21, 2021
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Yes, you can use Kodi and MediaPortal 2 clients mixed in every combination you want. Only limit is the number of available tuners in your server. If yo have e.g. 4 Tuner you can use 3 Kodi and 1 MP client or 2 Kodi and 2 MP or every other combination...

Tuner sharing is possible too. A Kodi and a MP client can watch the same channel (e.G. "Das Erste") at the same time with a single tuner occupied...
    Hey,
    thanks for your quick reply!
    That helps us a lot!

Oh good, that means the two different clients can then also share a tuner.
    I have not even thought about tuner sharing with two different clients and that this could be a problem, perfect! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom