Using mediaportal in lieu of hauppauge wintv (1 Viewer)

Netspeedz

November 30, 2018
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal looks as if it may be more then what I actually need.

I want to use MediaPortal in lieu of Hauppauge WinTV (currently have a Hauppauge WinTV dualHD).

I don't need all the server stuff. Just want to start MediaPortal and use it with the Hauppauge WinTV dualHD USB TV Tuner I already have installed. Is this possible and if so is there any plugins I need and/or special configuration steps to complete?

Any assistance on using MediaPortal with the Hauppauge USB TV Tuner would be appreciated.

------------

Netspeedz

November 30, 2018
You need to instal tvserver for have tv.

Envoyé de mon LG-H870S en utilisant Tapatalk
You really are not answering my questions. Can MediaPortal be used with a Hauppauge WinTV dualHD USB device if the server portion is not used? If so, what settings need to be enabled to do this?

------------

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    France France
    Country flag
    Please, i explain you,
    you need tv server for use your tv card.
    read wiki, i'm pretty sure, it will be explained fine.

Netspeedz

November 30, 2018
    Please, i explain you,
    you need tv server for use your tv card.
    read wiki, i'm pretty sure, it will be explained fine.
    I've reviewed the documentation. Nothing about using the server software with a WinTV card.

------------

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Can MediaPortal be used with a Hauppauge WinTV dualHD USB device if the server portion is not used?
    No, that's not possible. The USB TV hardware is controlled by the TVServer service, which therefore is a must. The MediaPortal GUI is merely a frontend when it comes to TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    atlantic How to use Spotify inside Mediaportal? Listen Music 18
    M Can i use my Vu+ Zero 4k Tuner for Mediaportal? General 0
    T Issues with MediaPortal not starting correctly using versions after 1.20 Final General Support 6
    erika jandova Using SD and MediaPortal 1 Newcomers Forum 4
    M VPN: Mediaportal TV-Server ist not using all available bandwidth which results in TV stuttering Newcomers Forum 0
    toricred Using TMM, How to Stop Importer From Going to The Movie Database for Data General 1
    morpheus_xx [WiP] OnlineVideos: New browser based playback support using WebDriver, new Amazon siteutil MediaPortal 2 6
    toricred [solved] Configuring TV Server to use NAS General 5
    vvulture Using Windows 10 MediaPortal 1 Talk 8
    Megane Too much RAM used (over 2 GB). General Support 18
    doskabouter 1.23.0 MatroskaTagInfo uses the wrong casing for tags Bugreports 27
    D how to disengage from one version of a plugin to use another Newcomers Forum 0
    D I just installed MP 1.23. Which version of Schedules Direct should I use, where do I obtain it from Newcomers Forum 6
    benicehavefun Using MePo TV Server 1.23 via MPExtended/WebMediaPortal as a Backend for Plex MPExtended 4
    G MP1 TV Server "failed to upgrade the database" using MS Sql Server Installation, configuration support 3
    1gkar Use Alternative Sites to Scrape Series Info My TVSeries 5
    T Can Emprex 3009ARF III MCE Remote Control be used to toggle Fullscreen/Windowed mode?? Remotes 7
    S [solved] Live TV subtitle issue if not using 100% font General 31
    N [Proposal] Make text input using remote control easier MediaPortal 2 4
    D Large xml database in My Movies Management. I remain unclear on use My Films as bridge to MP2.2 General 9
    N [solved] When MP2-Client is trying to register credentials, it uses the wrong machine name MediaPortal 2 7
    high [Help Me!] Atlassian Fisheye/Crucible still used? Team Lounge 8
    D [solved] HID remote for mp2 and w10 64 bit? using all tools: sony, cisco, homeworkx ng General 2
    Symphy Still being used? ASIO music player 0
    P no signal when scanning for channels using antenna and dual hd General Support 2