Using mediaportal in lieu of hauppauge wintv (2 Viewers)

N

Netspeedz

MediaPortal looks as if it may be more then what I actually need.

I want to use MediaPortal in lieu of Hauppauge WinTV (currently have a Hauppauge WinTV dualHD).

I don't need all the server stuff. Just want to start MediaPortal and use it with the Hauppauge WinTV dualHD USB TV Tuner I already have installed. Is this possible and if so is there any plugins I need and/or special configuration steps to complete?

Any assistance on using MediaPortal with the Hauppauge USB TV Tuner would be appreciated.

------------

N

Netspeedz

You need to instal tvserver for have tv.

Envoyé de mon LG-H870S en utilisant Tapatalk

You really are not answering my questions. Can MediaPortal be used with a Hauppauge WinTV dualHD USB device if the server portion is not used? If so, what settings need to be enabled to do this?

------------

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Please, i explain you,
    you need tv server for use your tv card.
    read wiki, i'm pretty sure, it will be explained fine.

N

Netspeedz

Please, i explain you,
    you need tv server for use your tv card.
    read wiki, i'm pretty sure, it will be explained fine.

I've reviewed the documentation. Nothing about using the server software with a WinTV card.

------------

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can MediaPortal be used with a Hauppauge WinTV dualHD USB device if the server portion is not used?
    No, that's not possible. The USB TV hardware is controlled by the TVServer service, which therefore is a must. The MediaPortal GUI is merely a frontend when it comes to TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom