Using MP and MCE together (1 Viewer)

divad

September 3, 2005
I currently have MCE and want to install MP
Can MP and MCE live happily together on the same pc or are there any issues I should know about ?
I think I read that MP switches off the background transfer service on MCE so does that cause any problems ?
Which version should I install 1.3 or CVS 2.0 ?
I really like the free 14 day searchable epg with mce - do you get same with MP
I am thinking of using MCE for 2 dvbt cards and MP for analogue with sky and dvbs satellite - will this work ok or better vice versa ?
Will recorded tv , music , videos , pictures etc be stored in the same location or would they be stored twice ?
Thanks for any help

pieroxy

Portal Pro
November 21, 2005
Paris, France
divad said:
I currently have MCE and want to install MP
Can MP and MCE live happily together on the same pc or are there any issues I should know about ?
I think I read that MP switches off the background transfer service on MCE so does that cause any problems ?
Which version should I install 1.3 or CVS 2.0 ?
I really like the free 14 day searchable epg with mce - do you get same with MP
I am thinking of using MCE for 2 dvbt cards and MP for analogue with sky and dvbs satellite - will this work ok or better vice versa ?
Will recorded tv , music , videos , pictures etc be stored in the same location or would they be stored twice ?
Thanks for any help
MCE and MP can coexist on the same machine. Just so you know, if the MCE service is running, MP may not be able to access your TV cards.

For the rest, I suggest you spend 2 or 3 minutes searching the forums. All those questions have already been answered many times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom