Using MP-TVSeries Without an Internet Connection (1 Viewer)

fluffypony

Portal Member
October 13, 2008
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hi all,

I'd like to use MP-TVSeries on my HTPC at home (I run it at the office quite happily), but since I am in a new complex and the South African telecommunications providers are SHOCKINGLY slow, I need to find a way of getting MP-TVSeries to work without an internet connection. Note: I have no problem doing things manually; once I've set everything up once I'll only be getting a handful of new episodes every week. What I would ideally like to do is edit the series info manually (which I can do in the config screen, obviously), but I *can't* add FanArt and a banner and the episode info and so on. I have no problem working directly with the database, although I'm not sure if the SQLite browser I've seen mentioned provides an easy way to import images as LOBs or BLOBs into the database. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ric

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I assume you have the copy at work conencted to the internet?
    Why not just store your episodes in the same folder structure at home and at work then simply do all your updates at work and copy the db/fanart/thumbs/banners to a pen drive once a week when you add new episodes and take them home..............saves any boring manual DB editing.

fluffypony

Portal Member
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    I was actually thinking the same thing - but today's new development is that they've changed the NTLM authentication method on the proxy server, so no more invisible connections. I can try proxify it Hummingbird or another socks client, but apparently they have issues with ISA and NTLM authentication. I may have to do this VERY manually going forward. Any suggestions?

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well if you have a db already you can see the structure required, it is pretty stregiht forward.
    Then you can poke in your own info.
    Use this app to manipulate the db
    SQLite Database Browser

Bobb25

Portal Pro
    November 26, 2006
    Durban
    Home Country
    I feel your pain bru :) What i do is always ensure i map directories in exactly same manner on multiple PC's. Then i keep a copy of the tvseries DB, and the jpgs in the Docs and settings folder (Folder art, screen shots etc) and it works perfectly every time as long as everything follows exactly the same folder structure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom