Using multiple skins (1 Viewer)

Momboner

Portal Pro
September 17, 2009
Is it alright for me to install 2 different skins at once or will that make my MP less stable in any way? I usually use StreamedMP but am interested in giving Avalon a try out period in the house to see how well it is received.

So I would like to install both so I can switch back and forth every couple of days and have everyone decide which is there favorite.

Once we pick our fav should I uninstall the other or is it alright to keep them both on there?

If its going to make MP confused or something though I could do just 1 for a week then the other though.

If I cant do them both at once what is the best way to uninstall the one before installing the other? I usually just format and start over whenever I have to change something lol. Just did that so I dont want to do it again so soon :p

Thanks

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi ,
    no problem to install as many as you wont skins... each one have a it's own folder ... just remember to switch back and forth with the skins ,you have to do it from mp windows configuration ... :)

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    just remember to switch back and forth with the skins ,you have to do it from mp windows configuration ... :)

Huh? What's wrong about just doing it under "settings" inside MP?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I usually go into MP Configuration and disable the plugins that relate to the skin your not using. These relate to the basic home menu, and they usually have the skin name as part of the plugin name.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Huh? What's wrong about just doing it under "settings" inside MP?
    When I last did that it only kept that setting till restart. Don't know if it is still the case, it's been an long time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom