Using Tv via internal player and video via external player possible? (1 Viewer)

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am just wondering and maybe somebody can help me:

Seems like mp is using for video- & (live) TV-playback the same player as selected in the video player menu.

I am using zoomplayer which is extremly good due to his flexibility (i.e. setting of aspect ratios, felixible and quick codec handling, etc); but it lacks when it comes to stream handling. - I also wants to preserve the build in functiosn of the mp skin for TV

Stuck between both, I would like to use the internal player for TV streams and the external one for all video playbacks.
    Is there a possibility to configure mp accordingly? - So far I couldn't found any viable way

Cheers & Thanks in advance

lan

Portal Member
    November 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I’am very interested in this too. I can se yhoogi have made an suggestion how to fix this:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-internal-external-player-selection-tv-55839/

Anyone have a “hot fix” for this?

Started on: 2009-03-03
    last update: NA

Summary:
    Currently TV player selection seems to be coupled to selection of video player in the Video Player configuration. Suggestion to decouple this configuration

Description:
    For the hardcore external video player users (i.e. me with zoomplayer) the drawback on current configuration is not to be able to use the internal player for TV watching with all its build in functionality.

Suggestion:
    Creating an entry in the TV section of mp configuration for selection of internal or external player.
    Codec selection is already possible - why not the player selection also?

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    This is under work and is a bug in MP. But unfortunately it needs so radical changes to main player function and cannot be adressed for 1.0.1 - sorry for that. Definately will be fixed for 1.0.2.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the info.

Thought I would be the only one interested in that and therefore ignored.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom