Using Universal KU LNB with MP 13 (1 Viewer)

EW Thomas

Portal Pro
January 5, 2016
Southwestern Virginia
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a situation where I need to use a "Universal " LNB that has a LO of 10.600 and a 22K tone that has to be enabled in order to get the LNB in the correct
band for use in North America.

Is there anyway of doing this short of adding a 22K tone generator inline to provide the tone for switching LNB bands?

I am hoping to split my main feeds to MP and be able to scan in what I can for further testing but this Universal Vs Standard
situation sort of throws a monkey wrench into ones configuration as far as I can see :)

Any help greatly appreciated!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Wayne

The "Ku-Linear (Universal)" option for the "band" (LNB type) setting should give you what you want. No need for an external tone generator.

EW Thomas

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2016
    Southwestern Virginia
    Home Country
    Hello again Wayne

The "Ku-Linear (Universal)" option for the "band" (LNB type) setting should give you what you want. No need for an external tone generator.

Wonderful News!! I never saw an option for switching on the 22K so I made the fatal assumption it was close to impossible to do!
    Maybe making this work will sure go a long ways toward full implement of MP in my TV room!

Anything special I need to do to the settings?

Now if I can get some of the carriers on 101°W to scan in correct I'll be doing good!

Thanks so much for taking time out to answer my queries!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Anything special I need to do to the settings?
    Nope, nothing special.

Most of the people that use MP for TV are based in Europe. Over in Europe, Universal LNBs are... well, universal... so that's a heavily used option. It should just work.

[edit: To be clear, if you're swapping one LNB for another then you need to rescan the channels to pick up the new LNB setting.]

EW Thomas

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2016
    Southwestern Virginia
    Home Country
    I have to say I am very impressed with the over all operation of MP ! We all have different time schedules around here so the option of several record "facilities" with working EPG is a blessing.

EW Thomas

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2016
    Southwestern Virginia
    Home Country
    mm1352000,
    Thanks for the info on the lNB use. I think things are working fine. A little whacky at times but I haven't decided that it's not related to my tuner card.
    After everything was scanned in it decided there was no signal on any C band bird. Manual stop and start of the service seems to have gotten that going again. Also after that I was able to blind scan carriers I couldn't get even with manual entry example the ABC's on 99 W. The diseqc is handled via the tuner card correct?
    Maybe there has been a newly released driver for WIN 10 for the 7301.
    At any rate thanks very much for the assistance!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom