Using Winamp as external player (1 Viewer)

NikonUser

August 29, 2009
Home Country
Hi there,

I've just moved from Windows Media Center to MediaPortal 1.1.... what was I ever thinking using Media Centre? :)

Anyway... I'm just to setup Mediaportal to use Winamp as the external player so I can take advantage of ReplayGain.

I've enabled the winamp plugin in the Mediaportal Config and have entered 'flac,mp3' into the config box... I've also made sure to turn on Replaygain in Winamp.

However it doesn't seem to be working. (Sound plays fine... just no replaygain)

1) have I formatted the file types correctly in the Winamp plugin config? (should they be *.flac or .flac or just flac and should they be seperated with commas or semi-colons?)

2) How can I be sure that Winamp is being used as the external player? Is there something I can do to test?

Thanks very much

Paul

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    1. configure MP not to run in full screen. you should see the winamp window being opened on playback.
    2. post the mediaportal.log. there we could see, if winamp is started

NikonUser

August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    1. configure MP not to run in full screen. you should see the winamp window being opened on playback.
    2. post the mediaportal.log. there we could see, if winamp is started

Thanks,

I got it to work. In the configuration settings I had previously just typed 'flac'. With a bit of playing around I discovered I had to type '.flac'.

Now my only problem is that MediaPortal seems to set the Winamp volume t0 50% everytime it starts up. Will keep playing to see if I can solve that one.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom