Using XMLTV for the new TV Engine for NA EPG. (1 Viewer)

bangboss

Portal Member
January 27, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi All,

I am new to MediaPortal and I followed the instructions to grab the guide. All worked fine, got the TV server to grab it, but I cannot get the guide to show in MediaPortal?

I can watch TV fine, but no guide data? Anyone has some input?

Thanks

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Sounds like you are using the TV engine? Correct? I am right in the process of importing a brand new XML. You need to go under plugins and make sure you change the path to your xml file. By defaut, it points to nothing. The tv server checks for a new file about every minute. One thing I like to do is as soon as I set up my xml path and set my offset... I click ok.. and then I am ready to restart the server. You can get to these options by typing in services.msc in the Run window. Then go down to tvserver and hit restart. This usually gets things going. You might want to try with a 1 day guide... so you can at least tell it's working.

I wasn't even done writing this post and it has already imported a 2 day guide.

Last imported: 1/30/2007 9:45:47PM (just 2 minutest ago)
    63 (analog) channels
    3918 Programs imported.

Give that a try and see what you come up with!

***EDIT***

I almost forgot.... the new TV engine builds include the zap2it plugin. I usually use the zap2it plugin.. but there is an issue with analog and Dvb channels in the same list... or that it's wanting to download 2 line ups. You should really give the zap2it plugin a try.... 99% of the time it just works!

Patricks the MAN!

PS: Join the dev team!

bangboss

Portal Member
    January 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for the very quick reply. As for the download your instructions were so good I got that working on the first try:

46 channels with 16115 programs.

That is in the engine.

My problem is I cannot see it in MP? It says no available data.

I will retry Zap2it. I had set it up but even though it could update my lineup, no guide seem to download.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom