USS (UserSessionService) (1 Viewer)

mantrigor

Portal Member
November 1, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,

is there a documentation for the UserSessionService of MPExtended?
I´m working on an Android-App for my needs and accessing data via JSON-API. Is there a way of adding the login-information to the htpp-request?

thanx

mantrigor

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No, there's no documentation for USS (yet). You can find the available methods in the source, and you can call them in the same way as the other services.

However, UserSessionService doesn't have anything to do with login information. It's used to start and stop MediaPortal, and to shutdown or hibernate the computer. What exactly do you want to know about authentication? It's "standard" HTTP Basic authentication, which shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Last edited:

mantrigor

Portal Member
    November 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I´m sending a "standard" HTTP-Request from ActionScript3 (Flash) to the MAS-API. it´s setup like this:
    http://:4322/MPExtended/[service]/json/[re...of authentication? am I doing anything wrong?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    (Next time, use < and > instead of [ and ] to indicate placeholders, the forum apparantly does something with the latter symbols ;))

You should send an HTTP (basic) Authorization header. The syntax with the username and password in the URL is just a convenient notation that browsers use to allow the user to enter the authentication data, but it's not supported by the HTTP standard or any other software. In fact, browsers convert it to the HTTP Authorization header. How to do that depends on the language you're using, but any half-decent language offers a pretty easy solution.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom