uTorrent Media Organizer (1 Viewer)

heerfordt

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Hi,

Okay, I was unaware that a tool like this this already existed, it seems there are quite a few tools that can do the same thing. TheRenamer, SCRU, MediaOrg etc.. but anyway here is one more. I guess it's always good to have options ;-)

Br,
H.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ok, I see what is happening. It is moving the files, but it does not create a directory for the movie to go in. I like to keep all my movies in their own directory. So I have "c:\data\movies\300 (2006)\300 (2006).mkv".

Is it possible to add a check box to store movies in their own folder?

thanks

heerfordt

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Hi,

Sure, I updated the binary.zip in the first post. Now it will default to putting movies in their own folders, it can be controlled by a setting in the config.xml file

Br,
H.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    There's a couple of problems, one that's disasterous: I didn't understand how to configure this tool properly and made the monitoring folder

c:\incoming

and my movies, tv, and music folders

c:\incoming\finished\movies
    c:\incoming\finished\tv
    c:\incoming\finished\music

A few minutes later, I got a pop-up out of nowhere about a directory not existing. I checked and the entire c:\incoming directory had been deleted, including my freshly downloaded 6TB complete season of a tv show. (I'm using a hard drive scanning utility to try to recover them as we speak).

The first post actually says not to do what I did but I missed it, so don't make my mistake!

Second problem is that this application doesn't work with uTorrent 3.0 and above, since uTorrent 3.0 now uses a different method for remotely accessing your torrents.

heerfordt

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Hi DIR,

I'm sorry that this happend to you, in my first post I stated that 'destination folder should'nt be subfolder inside the completion folder', but there is nothing that stops the program if it's configured like this. (The best thing would be to support this structure).

Moving the monitored folder to this location would work.
    c:\incoming\finished\Downloads

uTorrent 3.0 should be working, I will see if I can resolve the issue.

Br,
    H.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    thanks for that.
    Unfortunately, the way I had my directories set up, which was:

c:\Torrents
    c:\Torrents\temp
    c:\Torrents\Complete

and then I created the following for your app:

c:\Torrents\Complete\Movies
    c:\Torrents\Complete\TV
    c:\Torrents\Complete\Music

So your app was supposed to only be looking at c:\Torrents for new files, and move them to Complete\Movies etc.

Unfortunately it trashed the entire parent structure - about 150GB of currently running incomplete torrents in c:\Torrents\Temp got deleted.
    I'm scanning my hard drive for these files and hopefully will recover most of them.

It also seemed to rename and delete entire directories - i ended up with random new folder names such as "Desktop" and "Series 7" as well (all empty).

I'd put some fairly strong cautions in the first post (in English, "shouldn't" like in your warning means that it's preferable not to; "must not" means "don't do it". I suggest you change your sentence to "must not" since it's not a matter of preference - it's disastrous if they do!) to ensure others don't have gigabytes of files deleted randomly by your app. No great problem for me, since I'm adept at recovery, but if some people have their actual entire TV and movie collections in the parent or sibling directory as the folder your app monitors, they are likely to lose everything.

Dir

p.s. Sorry, I'm still trying to figure out the correct folder structure. I would like a directory where all my torrent activity happens - the temporary stuff sits there, and the completed stuff sits there. Then I'm happy for your app to move stuff out of Completed and somewhere else on the disk. So:

c:\Torrents
    c:\torrents\temp
    c:\torrents\complete
    c:\Movies
    c:\TV
    c:\Music

Seems to be the simplest. Can I configure your app to monitor "c:\torrents\complete" safely, without it wiping out "c:\torrents\temp"?

p.s. The old way of accessing utorrent via the web won't work with 3.0. See https://web.utorrent.com/srp/privacy for details. In it, it mentions that they will likely make the old functionality work in the future, but for now, it's gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom