V1.13.0 Pre TVPlugin incorrect version? (1 Viewer)

perky

Portal Pro
January 23, 2014
Home Country
England England
I tried installing V1.13.0 Pre-release, it bombed out halfway through the installation. I re-ran the installation and it appeared to complete, but when run MP complained that the TVPlugin version was incorrect, so I renamed TVPlugin.dll in the install directory to something else and re-ran the installer. It again completed, but this time no errors when running MP and MP appears to be OK. However, there's no new TVPlugin.dll file in the install directory! (Should there be one now?). I suspect there is one in the Windows DLL cache somewhere. I'd like to get a completely fresh installation, but not sure how to do that and still preserve all my settings. No log files as the problem has gone away..
Mark.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    See http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...aPortal/2_Backup_and_Restore?highlight=backup

Important areas are:
    • Configuration Directory - AKA your 'User FIles' folder (excluding thumbs folder as it can be quite large)- e.g.
      • C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal
      • C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server
    • Thumbs Directory - where most images for MediaPortal and extensions are stored, e.g.
      • C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs
    This is the configuration stuff.

See https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/database-information-saving-and-recovery.132669/ for bit more, as you don't want a full restore on a clean install, just the selective elements needed.

Cheers - JCMP

perky

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2014
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks to both. I'll install the final version and see what happens, nice to know where the config information is though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom