V1.16 made plugin incompatible? (1 Viewer)

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have several [VB.NET] plugins (my own, HomeSeer, Clock, Automator, Torch amongst others) which I have rebuilt referencing the new dlls.

These are fine, the problem is with one I [COUGH] nicked*...

(*I nicked the code and made some changes so that it worked the way I wanted it to by using F9 to configure inside MP and simplify the graphics a bit. I also used it to make a very simple video intercom, but I seem to have "lost" that code somewhere along the line - shame.)

I haven't had to change my own plugin compatible versions (from 1.6.100.0, same as this) , but this C# one uses the video, mine don't -

[assembly: UsesSubsystem("MP.SkinEngine.Controls")]
    [assembly: UsesSubsystem("MP.SkinEngine.Dialogs")]
    [assembly: UsesSubsystem("MP.Players.Video")]
    [assembly: UsesSubsystem("MP.Config")]

It was/is the iSpyConnect plugin, written in C# - it now comes up as incompatible

From the Configuration log (all black book to me!) -
    [2017-04-23 11:34:00,605] [Config ] [Config Main] [WARN ] - Plugin Manager: Plugin config is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: iSpyPlugin.dll)
    [2017-04-23 11:34:00,620] [Config ] [Config Main] [WARN ] - Plugin Manager: Plugin configIspy is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: iSpyPlugin.dll)
    [2017-04-23 11:34:00,636] [Config ] [Config Main] [WARN ] - Plugin Manager: Plugin iSpyPlugin.Configure is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: iSpyPlugin.dll)
    [2017-04-23 11:34:00,652] [Config ] [Config Main] [WARN ] - Plugin Manager: Plugin iSpyPlugin.ConfigureServer is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: iSpyPlugin.dll)
    [2017-04-23 11:34:00,667] [Config ] [Config Main] [WARN ] - Plugin Manager: Plugin iSpyPlugin.ispy_config is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: iSpyPlugin.dll)
    [2017-04-23 11:34:00,684] [Config ] [Config Main] [WARN ] - Plugin Manager: Plugin iSpyPlugin.ispy_recordings is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: iSpyPlugin.dll)
    [2017-04-23 11:34:00,700] [Config ] [Config Main] [WARN ] - Plugin Manager: Plugin iSpyPlugin.ispy_camera is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: iSpyPlugin.dll)
    [2017-04-23 11:34:00,716] [Config ] [Config Main] [WARN ] - Plugin Manager: Plugin iSpyPlugin.ispy_cameras is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: iSpyPlugin.dll)
    [2017-04-23 11:34:00,732] [Config ] [Config Main] [WARN ] - Plugin Manager: Plugin iSpyPlugin.MJPEGStream is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: iSpyPlugin.dll)
    [2017-04-23 11:34:00,748] [Config ] [Config Main] [WARN ] - Plugin Manager: Plugin iSpyPlugin.MediaPortalPlayer is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: iSpyPlugin.dll)
    [2017-04-23 11:34:00,764] [Config ] [Config Main] [WARN ] - Plugin Manager: Plugin iSpyPlugin.MoviePlayer is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: iSpyPlugin.dll)
    [2017-04-23 11:34:00,780] [Config ] [Config Main] [WARN ] - Plugin Manager: Plugin iSpyPlugin.NewFrameEventHandler is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: iSpyPlugin.dll)
    [2017-04-23 11:34:00,797] [Config ] [Config Main] [WARN ] - Plugin Manager: Plugin iSpyPlugin.VideoSourceErrorEventHandler is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: iSpyPlugin.dll)
    [2017-04-23 11:34:00,814] [Config ] [Config Main] [WARN ] - Plugin Manager: Plugin iSpyPlugin.PlayingFinishedEventHandler is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: iSpyPlugin.dll)
    [2017-04-23 11:34:00,830] [Config ] [Config Main] [WARN ] - Plugin Manager: Plugin iSpyPlugin.ReasonToFinishPlaying is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: iSpyPlugin.dll)
    [2017-04-23 11:34:00,845] [Config ] [Config Main] [WARN ] - Plugin Manager: Plugin iSpyPlugin.NewFrameEventArgs is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: iSpyPlugin.dll)
    [2017-04-23 11:34:00,861] [Config ] [Config Main] [WARN ] - Plugin Manager: Plugin iSpyPlugin.VideoSourceErrorEventArgs is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: iSpyPlugin.dll)
    [2017-04-23 11:34:00,876] [Config ] [Config Main] [WARN ] - Plugin Manager: Plugin iSpyPlugin.Properties.Resources is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: iSpyPlugin.dll)
    [2017-04-23 11:34:00,894] [Config ] [Config Main] [WARN ] - Plugin Manager: Plugin iSpyPlugin.Configuration.Content+Camera is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: iSpyPlugin.dll)

From MPs Log -

[2017-04-23 11:31:39,255] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - PluginManager: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\windows\iSpyPlugin.dll' file version: 1.1.16
    [2017-04-23 11:31:39,278] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - PluginManager: 'iSpyPlugin, Version=1.1.16.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!
    [2017-04-23 11:31:39,376] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Loading known incompatible plugins
    [2017-04-23 11:31:39,401] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Failed to load known plugin incompatibilities:

I have looked at the upgrade info/docs and nothing is mentioned about upping the numbers as far as I can see.

Maybe I'll have to bite the billet and rewrite this in VB - at least I know that works.......

Thank you for reading - hope you ignored the logs though <grin>.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What's the question here? :)

I have looked at the upgrade info/docs and nothing is mentioned about upping the numbers as far as I can see.
    We've bumped the MP.Players.Video sub-system due to madVR integration.
    MediaPortal-1/CompatibilityInfo.cs at master · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1 · GitHub
    History for Common-MP-TVE3/Common.Utils/CompatibilityInfo.cs - MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1 · GitHub
    Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/origin/MP1-4819-FEAT-Added_even… · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1@aba9314 · GitHub
    Code:
    -[assembly: SubsystemVersion("MP.Players.Video", "1.1.6.27644")]
    +[assembly: SubsystemVersion("MP.Players.Video", "1.15.100.0")]

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    I bet you're feeling smug - fixing my problem in less time than it took me to write the darn thing.

The question was as you answered - what version did I need.

Obviously (obviously???) I hadn't looked a MadVR (whatever that is) as also obviously I don't use it - except apparently I do or might or something...

Gods, I hate being made to feel thick.

Nice catch MM, upped the version to suit and away it went.

My only valid response is sincere thanks (aside from wondering how long you spend at the weekends fielding stoopid questions.)

Thank you, going away now........

Muscats

Portal Member
    December 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry to hijack this thread, however, it looks like it came to a conclusion and it is pertinent to my issue.
    With release 1.16 the iSpy plug has stopped working and it looks like it is for the same reason listed above. However, I am not a programmer and have no idea how to fix it.
    Is there a way to edit the iSpy plug files on my computer to update them to "MP.Players.Video", "1.15.100.0"?
    Otherwise could you point me in the right direction to edit the extension.

thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Paul

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    Odd, can't seem to find my plugin subject but as a quick fix here is the dropbox link to the dll -https://www.dropbox.com/sh/quqr0lexsmmn4p1/AADoImUfFZKdMnphG9Z8Mvt-a?dl=0

Just copy it into your MP Plugins\Windows\ folder - should work fine (restart MP).

If you want the sources just ask - I always said I stole them from iSpy after all!

Yahhh! Someone is using my plugin (aside from me, I use it for the Netbook cameras and Sannce CCTV cameras).

I'll keep looking for the thread though.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom