v4.5 Last position recall still broken (1 Viewer)

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
Hi, Tried out v4.5 so could try monochrome skin however the position memory is still totally broken, so I reverted back to the version I last edited from a year ago (posted here b4) when the position recall worked, whereby when you re-enter plugin the 'exact' postion you were last at is recalled.

Using the monchrome skin with the new font supplied with it, you get corruption all over the text when in list mode (have to sub in that diff fonts.xml file + clear cache to fix it). Plus in fimstrip mode it went into a flickering loop requiring a forced closedown of mediaportal. Also with this skin the description text is shown twice, the lower one causing screen corruption as it overwrites some other text.

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Hi, Tried out v4.5 so could try monochrome skin however the position memory is still totally broken, so I reverted back to the version I last edited from a year ago (posted here b4) when the position recall worked, whereby when you re-enter plugin the 'exact' postion you were last at is recalled.
????? I do some tests and the recall position works every time for me!!! What is your problem ? Can you be more precise ? What kind of test do you do ?

Using the monchrome skin with the new font supplied with it, you get corruption all over the text when in list mode (have to sub in that diff fonts.xml file + clear cache to fix it). Plus in fimstrip mode it went into a flickering loop requiring a forced closedown of mediaportal. Also with this skin the description text is shown twice, the lower one causing screen corruption as it overwrites some other text.
Can you send me an example of your db to identify and fix (if I can) the problem ?

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
OK I tested it a bit further :-

1) I have realised the issue occurs when you select a movie AFTER a subfolder containing 2+ entries. I have stripped down an xml and pm'd you to demo this issue

2) If you install MyFilms AFTER the monochrome skin, you should copy the monochrome skin back over to wipe over the one installed by the latest MyFilms which has issues (description field appears twice, overwriting other stuff). That said even the latest one in monochrome skin has some corruption in the top left hand corner where it says '13 objects' overwriting some other text underneath. That said the monochrome skin is very good and makes much better use of the screen space, the filmstrip view looks lovely but alas show too few items for every day use. It would be handy if when in the icon view a fake cover was created if there isn't one using the actual title text, I'll post a new topic for that though

As for the lockup I'll let you know if I can reproduce it.

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
OK I tested it a bit further :-

1) I have realised the issue occurs when you select a movie AFTER a subfolder containing 2+ entries. I have stripped down an xml and pm'd you to demo this issue
Try with thats dll and tell me if it works.

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
No it doesn't. There are 4 things to test. Using anttest.xml I sent you (note you MUST select a movie AFTER the Aliens subfolder so I use All OR Nothing in the test plan below)

1) Select Movie|All or Nothing
Press enter it WRONGLY shows Alien01

2) Select Movie|All or Nothing
press enter to go into movie details
press esc to return to movie list it DOES return to the correct movie

3) Select Movie|All or Nothing
Press H to return to MP Home page
Click Films to re-enter MyFIlms plugin and it WRONGLY shows the first film in the list (Clockwork Orange)

4)Select MovieAll Or Nothing
press enter to go into movie details (shows wrong movie Alien.01)
Click films and it does show the film details page it previously showed (Alien.01) although it was NOT the film that was originally selected.

This all works correctly on the version from last year.

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
No it doesn't. There are 4 things to test. Using anttest.xml I sent you (note you MUST select a movie AFTER the Aliens subfolder so I use All OR Nothing in the test plan below)

1) Select Movie|All or Nothing
Press enter it WRONGLY shows Alien01

2) Select Movie|All or Nothing
press enter to go into movie details
press esc to return to movie list it DOES return to the correct movie

3) Select Movie|All or Nothing
Click Films to re-enter MyFIlms plugin and it WRONGLY shows the first film in the list (Clockwork Orange)

4)Select MovieAll Or Nothing
press enter to go into movie details (shows wrong movie Alien.01)
Click films and it does show the film details page it previously showed (Alien.01) although it was NOT the film that was originally selected.

This all works correctly on the version from last year.
OK, found and corrected, I do some extra tests before delivering...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom