Vanishing Movies (1 Viewer)

Traffik

Portal Pro
January 13, 2010
I finally got MyFilms setup all nice and pointed my second HTPC to the MyFilms.xml and pictures and fanart folders on the first machine.
Everything was great, both machines reading from the same DB and playing online and offline movies.
Then, this morning I woke up and half my movies are gone from the database!
How the hell does that happen???

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Did you happen to have Purge Orphan Records enabled? If so IIRC MyFilms (rather AMCUpdater) will remove all the offline films from your database. There is an option in AMCU Import Movies tab to purge records, but not when source is unavailable.

But don't fret - AMCU saves a backup of your catalog/database before it does anything! So just check the folder where you store you catalog xml (database) and you should see quite a few backups there (e.g. [catalogname] - 7-12-2013 2-26-48 AM.xml). Just check it in AMC or wherever to make sure it has everything then delete your catalog xml, copy the backup and rename it to your catalog xml filename.

Traffik

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2010
    No I did not have Purge Orphan Records enabled, I knew not to do that! So I have no idea whats going on!!
    There are backups, and I have one that I can use. Its annoying though because I had done a load of renaming and got things really nice and organised so Im going to have to do it all again.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    What did you rename? if you altered the media file names/paths there is an option in AMCU Import Movies tab to Re-Scan moved files - is that enabled? However I don't think it should cause you to lose data, do you still have your AMCupdater.log? If you post that it might show what happened. Since you have backups you can test that - just revert to the backup and run the import again and see if it detects all the moved file names. IIRC you can disable internet lookup for that import operation since you have all the movies and data in your database. However, IF the titles change (or you renamed those) you may have to either download the fanart for those again, or change the names of the fanart folders to match, or let AMCU create the new folders and then just copy the fanart there. But if you haven't changed the actual Titles that are used for matching, you should be OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom