various display and shortcuts issues (2 Viewers)

Fingerswinger

Portal Member
August 22, 2005
hi

i have some wierd problems with running MP:

when i enter TV mode everything's fine (the small TV-preview is displayed). but when i press X to switch to fullscreen i can only see one frame of the TV picture flash up and then the GUI reappears immediately.

in TV mode when i open the program guide from the menu and then press X on that screen it works (TV goes fullscreen). But when in fullscreen, the only key that works is Escape (brings back the TV mode GUI, not the program guide).

when i play a DVD or DivX movie, the black borders are not displayed. instead i can see the underlying MP GUI where the borders should be. the movie can't be stopped / paused / or anything. all the keyboard and mouse actions go to the underlying MP GUI.

what could this be? :?
any help greatly apreciated.

here comes my system info:

Area: Media Portal Program
MP Version: CVS 10-18-2005-19-21 (i tried 0.1.3, then 0.2.0 rc and then with the cvs update. only with the cvs i was able to start MP)
Skin: blue two
Windows Version: win2000 sp4
CPU Type: AMD 64 3000+
Memory: 512 MB (2 x 256 MB DDR-DIMM) PC-3200
Motherboard Chipset: ASUS A8V-E SE (Chipset: VIA K8T890 VIA VT8237R)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce 6200 (64 MB onboard, max 256 MB shared)
Video Card Driver: NVIDIA ForceWare 78.01
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Video Render Type: Overlay (tried VMR9 modes too)
Video Codec Type & Version: Mpeg2Dec Filter (Version?)
Audio Codec Type & Version: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
TV Card: Analog PCI card, Hauppauge 500 MCE
TV Card Type: hardware MPEG encoder, analog, PAL
TV Card Driver: official hauppauge drivers, version 2.0.30.23074
Optional Log: i didn't find anything suspicious

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Here's some advice followed by some wild guesses...

First of all, use VMR9 Renderless instead if overlay. This will give much better results. Overlay is only for older graphics cards. I know you've tried this already, but it helps to know the best settings for your set up.

In regards to the strange behaviour, it could possibly be due to the nVidia driver settings. If you have "Start MP in Fullscreen mode" ticked in MP config, don't have anything set for full screen video in the video properties section of Windows. You can end up with unpredictable results if a couple of programs are fighting for full screen mode. Even if both programs are the same program.

This may not be the solution, but it is definately something to be checking.

Fingerswinger

Portal Member
    August 22, 2005
    thanks for the hints

i don't have any other software running that could possibly be in fullscreen mode. as it seems to me the MP GUI is fighting the video window (GUI allways wins and gets the keystrokes).

i will try to start MP in windowed mode to see if that helps.

unfortunately it will take a few days until i can test it, because i'm building a new case and everything is ripped apart right now...

greets, fingerswinger

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Even if you don't have any other programs trying for full screen, the issue happens when MP wants full screen mode and Windows tries to assign full screen to MP at the same time. The two systems keep requesting fullscreen mode for MP at the same time. The result is very unpredictable when trying to switch to fullscreen.

I hope this solves your issue, otherwise I am all out of ideas...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom