Various Questions (1 Viewer)

thefunkyboi

Portal Member
June 14, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have just installed the new version of Media Portal and must say that I am VERY impressed. It has come along way since I first used it about 4 years ago.

I am curious if someone would be kind enough to help with some issues that I am experiencing?

1. Is it possible to remove the Media Portal splash screen that is shown as the program loads?

2. Does anyone know how I remove the "Welcome" screen that is displayed as vista boots (there is no user account selection or password - it just boots straight into Windows) but if possible I would really like to remove the 'Welcome' screen and the 'logging off' screen that is displayed when the unit is switched on and off?

3. Also what is the main difference between the 'My Films' plug in and the 'Moving Pictures' plug in - I tried to install both and Moving Pictures seems to be easy to set up, but My Films seems like there needs a hell of a lot of config done first?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Paul

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To 3: MyFilms is for Film Buffs that have an existing large film catalog. It requires more manual work but delivers much more functionality. MovingPictures on the otherhand grabs most information without manual intervention from the internets and works for many people out of the box.

thefunkyboi

Portal Member
    June 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks very much for the answer regarding the differences between My Films and Moving Pictures. Even though I have a good collection (4tb) I think that Moving Pictures meets my needs. I really appreciate the help. :)

Anyone have any ideas regarding the splash screen and/or the welcome/logging off screens??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom