VBox 150 no channels and now not recognized (1 Viewer)

mapleshade

Portal Member
February 11, 2007
Portland, OR
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version: 1.0?
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: Wide
Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: Intel P4 Prescott 3.0 GHz
HDD: WD 200GB, 2x Maxtor 500GB SATA
Memory: 1GB DDR
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8KNXP
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9600
Video Card Driver: 8.573.0.0
Sound Card: Onboard AC97
Sound Card AC3: Onboard AC97-Optical Out
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.6160
1. TV Card: VBox DTA-150
1. TV Card Type: ATSC
1. TV Card Driver: 2.1.705.12
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Zalman HD160
Cooling:
Power Supply: Antec 330watt
Remote: Phillips MCE/Logitech Harmony 880
TV: Samsung 46" DLP
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

I hate to start a new thread, but I've been searching for hours and can't find what I'm looking for. Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.

I recently "upgraded" my HTPC mobo and CPU to that listed above. In doing so I also reinstalled XP and updated to MP 1.0.0.0 from RC2. Everything was done as a clean install with XP Pro SP3 and new drivers, also listed above. In doing the XP updates, the driver for my VBox 150 was automatically added by Windows. I followed the Quick Setup Guide that came with the MP 1.0 install, including adding the DVB Hotfix, and have issues with the TV Server Config. The SQL setup seemed to go OK as that was what the test said, and the TV Server started sucessfully. At first my VBox was detected as an ATSC type, but on a channel scan, no channels were found. Subsequently, my card has been detected as an unknown type and I'm not able to select it to do a scan. I've rebooted and the card still comes up as unknown. I've gone through the forum, wiki, and as much troubleshooting as I can find, but haven't seen a remedy to my issue. Any guidance or direction is much appreciated; the Super Bowl is tomorrow.

I seem to have some issues (possibly related?) in my TV Server Error Log, I've attached it.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom