vbox cat's eye dta-151 owners (1 Viewer)

rbublitz

Portal Member
November 20, 2005
Hi,

Just bought the dta-151 card and am trying to hook it up. Has anyone else done this successfully?

With just a little time spent on this, I haven't had luck yet. The drivers are installed properly and MediaPortal is recognizing the card. All the tab options show up but nothing comes up when I do an Autotune (that takes more than 1/2 hour to go through the 255 channels).

Would appreciate a little guidance, if possible.

Thanks.

rbublitz

Portal Member
November 20, 2005
Got a bit farther in getting the Los Angeles hdtv stations imported. But MP still won't show the signal. It doesn't even give any indication that there is signal through the whole 255 channel range.

Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-11-24)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 1800+
Memory: 511 MB
Motherboard: -
TV Card Model: VBox DTA-151
TV Card Type: -
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Nvidia Quadro FX 4000 (256 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1808x1016
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: Turtle Beach Catalina WDM
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

I have not been able to see atsc hdtv programming from my vbox dta-151 card setup. I've tested the antenna with the tv and it gets the hdtv signal. I've tested the svhs input of the card and it works right.

I have set up the xmltv to get programming for Pacific time, U.S. Los Angeles hdtv stations.

I don't know how else to proceed.

rbublitz

Portal Member
November 20, 2005
So it looks like there aren't very many helpful people on this board. After hours of frustration, I've given up on MediaPortal. Does Media Portal even work for ATSC HDTV signals in the U.S.?

I tried WatchHDTV and it works flawlessly. I also tried the trial version of BeyondTV4. What a difference! Very professional wizard that gets everything set up. While Media Portal looks snazzy, it really is quite byzantine to set up.

I'll probably still use media portal for mp3s but unless someone can advise regarding TV, it doesn't look promising.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There aren't very many ATSC users in this forum because Media Portal doesn't support ATSC very well yet. That is why you haven't got any responses. Regarding your issue, ATSC tuning has been broken since around 11-21-2005 CVS builds. I have an 11-10-2005 CVS build that works with my DTA 150 (Although I had to make a minor edit to the Capture Card Definitions file to get the card to build a graph). Timeshifting and recording doesn't quite work right though. Sometimes it freezes during channel changes too.

The best thing we can do is wait for a new CVS that will allow us to tune our cards to channels. At that point we need to try to record, timeshift, etc and do whatever. When MP fails, exit, zip the log folder in the MP directory, and email it to the developers along with a description of the failure. The more information they have, the faster they can fix ATSC.

I've got a Vbox DTA 150 and an Avermedia a180. Currently I use SageTV 4 to watch and record television. I've also tried BeyondTV. I really don't like Sage for anyting but watching TV.

IMHO, Media Portal is far superior as a media center to everythign else I have tried. The developers are working on a lot of stuff and yuo'll notice that MP is still early in its development life. I know that they are working on ATSC as well as many other improvements for the next release candidate. One of the problems with ATSC is that MP is developed primarily by Europeans, Aussies, and New Zealanders and ATSC is an American standard. There aren't many testers, and the TV Engine developers are working hard on a multitude of other things to boot.

Its frustrating, I know. I would suggest that you keep a passive eye on MP for ATSC support, because once that is ready for Prime Time, I think you'll find that MP is far superior to other HTPC Front Ends.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    Commodore 64 - I was thinking of asking Santa for a DTV Tuner card for Christmas and was wondering where you got your Vbox DTA 150 from? Do you think that is the best route to go for ATSC tuner?

Do you know if there are any other USA MP users that have other ATSC tuner cards? Maybe we should make a list?

Mike Zemina

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom