Vbox DTA 150 ATSC Issues - Almost there! (1 Viewer)

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Windows Version: XP Pro
    CPU Type: P4 3.0e
    Memory: 1GB PC3200
    Motherboard: Asus p4p800
    Motherboard Chipset: i865PE
    Motherboard Bios:
    Video Card: Gigabyte 6600GT
    Video Card Driver: 78.03
    Sound Card: Chaintech AV-710
    Sound Card AC3: S/PDIF
    Sound Card Driver: Via Envy 1.43d
    1. TV Card: VBox DTA 150
    1. TV Card Type: ATSC
    1. TV Card Driver: BDA
    [Video Render Type: VMR 9
    Video Codec: nVidia
    Audio Codec: Mpeg2Dec
    HTPC Case: El Cheapo
    Power Supply: HEC 430w
    Remote: MCE 2005
    TV: Philips PW8520 (30" Widescreen, 1920 x 180, 60hz)
    TV - HTPC Connection: Component

The Good News: It's an ATSC card, it autotunes, displays a great picture. Yay! Great job guys! Thanks a lot. I'm sooo close to being able to ditch SageTV 4 completely.

Unresolved Issues:
    1. Occasional Media Portal lockup during channel change. MP needs to be closed via Ctrl-Alt-Del.
    2. Audio progressively becomes out of sync while viewing live tv. Audio leads video.
    3. Pausing Live TV causes audio to drop. The audio stops being sent to the receiver, so I think something happens to screw up the playing graph?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to reply here.
    Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to...
    I switched to MePo 2 with the release of MePo 2.1.1, and in the last months I focused on learning the program and fine tuning it...
    Replies
    Views
    Done... I'll make sure and run it for a long time and see if it is going.
    Done... I'll make sure and run it for a long time and see if it is going.
    Sound is ahead of vision. It appears to happen gradually over time. I'm seeing in on a show I recorded but which I'm viewing 10...
    Replies
    Views
    You probably don't need to do that unless you're using the CI slot.
    You probably don't need to do that unless you're using the CI slot.
    Hello folks. I've been a long time user of Mediaportal 1.x. It has been a struggle getting my TBS 5881 card to work reliably...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks beamland :) Unless you had previously saved those settings, the values that were shown were not necessarily the ones that MP was using. In other words, it might have shown MP Audio Renderer when you first loaded configuration... but that doesn't mean MP was using the MP Audio Renderer before that time. Only logs could have...
    Thanks beamland :) Unless you had previously saved those settings, the values that were shown were not necessarily the ones that...
    Hi there Powering on my HTPC and starting to watch live tv on whatever channel I choose works fine. I get video and audio as...
    Replies
    Views
    It absolutely can. :) http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/TV-Server_Configuration/02_TV_Servers/7b_Scan_ATSC#Tuning_mode If you have an ATSC tuner + aerial and are trying to pull in digital channels then ATSC digital terrestrial is definitely the right mode. :) Win! :D No problem. :)
    It absolutely can. :)...
    First of all, I will gladly start with the specs of my PC. I'll fill in the blanks as I go about it... I forgot what /run command...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom