Version 0.1.3.2 (1 Viewer)

krl69

Portal Pro
October 12, 2006
I told you to answer NOW! ;-)
Shouldn’t be that hard to see how others have solved the 5.1 issue...

Yep, IT manager :D :D (no offense)

Wish it was all that simple krl69!!!

I’m not in to programming and such. My speciality is managing servers, OS etc. ;)

You mean it’s not easy to take a look at how others have solved the 5.1 issue? It shouldn’t be any harder than sending “dman_LFC” a message and ask how it’s done and maybe(!) there are some hint in his code that could lead you to the right answer. :) I was not suggesting that you’re work is easy or trivial, but why do always programmers have to convince everybody that their work is soooo complicated and out of reach for everyone else???! :D

Fujak

Portal Member
February 3, 2008
Thank you and question relating to Digital Room Correction

Hello Symphy,

I just tried your ASIO4ALL and PureAudio.mpi in my MediaPortal, and all I have to say is: Thank You very much for such a good work! Now the sound is exactly the way I ever desired. Really authentic! Although I'm using the ASUS Xonar Soundcard, I never could imagine such a difference between the built-in Windows-Sound and Your bit-exact PureAudio.mpi / ASIO4All!

Now I intend to play around with Digital Room Correction. Do you have any plans for the future to combine the Digital Room Correction with MP / PureAudio.mpi? That would be the top of all.

Best regards

Fujak

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Do you have any plans for the future to combine the Digital Room Correction with MP / PureAudio.mpi?

This player supports VST plugins, and i know of 2 VST plugins that you should check out:

I used SIR1 to test the VST support, so it works with pureaudio. I'm not sure though if it i's also suitable for DRC and not only reverb. The convolver from sourceforge is hard to install/configure, but should work too in the end.

Symphy

Fujak

Portal Member
    February 3, 2008
    Hello Symphy,

thanks for your quick response. I will try this, and then I will tell about my experiences - in case of success ;-)

Best regards

Fujak

Fujak

Portal Member
    February 3, 2008
    No Volume an Mute Commands at X10 RC with PureAudio

Hi Symphy,

it's me again with another problem (concerning the convolvers I stay playing around with'em): I'm using the Medion X10 Remote Control. But the Volume- and Mute-commands don't work with PureAudio; with DShow Player and BassEngine the commands are working fine. Is there a way to get this function for PureAudio?

Best regards

Fujak

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm using the Medion X10 Remote Control. But the Volume- and Mute-commands don't work with PureAudio; with DShow Player and BassEngine the commands are working fine. Is there a way to get this function for PureAudio?

Default the volume command works on the digital windows "Wave" volume control, which is bypassed by using ASIO.

If you use a built in soundcard with analog out, you can probably make it work by launching MP Setup, then go to General - Volume Settings and set control to "Master Volume".

If you use s/pdif, you should consider if you really want a digital volume control.

Lowering the volume digitally does not only lower the volume, but also degrades quality. The lower the volume, the less bits are left to contain the music. So the best way to control the volume is to use the analog control on your receiver, amplifier or soundcard.

It is possible to implement volume control on pureaudio, but it doesn't fit it's profile of high quality audio in my opinion. Muting can be done by using the pause command.

Regards,
    Symphy

Fujak

Portal Member
    February 3, 2008
    Default the volume command works on the digital windows "Wave" volume control, which is bypassed by using ASIO.

If you use a built in soundcard with analog out, you can probably make it work by launching MP Setup, then go to General - Volume Settings and set control to "Master Volume".

Thank you, this is a helpful information. I have understood, that an implemation of a volume control within PureAudio would destroy the greatest advantage of this PlugIn. So I will try your advice (controlling volume analog via Soundcard/MP).

Best regards

Fujak

Hello Symphy,

I just tried it, and exactly this is the solution as you described ("MediaPortal Configuration" -> General -> Volume Settings -> "Master Volume"). Volume-Control and Mute-Function are working now. Perfect!

Thank you and best regards

Fujak

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom