Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Version 3.0.0 Beta

Hi,

work, :D. Didn't see it because of low resolution.... ;-)

Flip.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Version 3.0.0 Beta

Hi,

one problem: Save coverart as folder.jpg does not seem to work. It generates a folder.jpg with 0 Bytes. Either if I download it from Amazon or if I use embedded pictures. Can I grab logs anyhow?

Flip.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: Version 3.0.0 Beta

Hi,

one problem: Save coverart as folder.jpg does not seem to work. It generates a folder.jpg with 0 Bytes. Either if I download it from Amazon or if I use embedded pictures. Can I grab logs anyhow?

Flip.

Don't worry about the logs.
    Have the same thing here. Must be one of my recent changes.
    Thanks for reporting it.

sweetdude

Portal Member
    March 13, 2011
    So finally i found the time to do some testing again.

* after tagging a album from the internet the new coverart and tags are not displayed in the ribbon or in the tags. Only after deselecting and selecting again will display the new coverart and tags.

* Uninstaller is not working when you have 2 different versions in seperate folders installed. Last one installed displays the correct uninstall dir. But the others display a blank install path. Maybe this can be fixed by adding a install log during install so during uninstall it could be read back.

Got a exceptions again:

When i selected "tag from internet" and selected the album and clicked "OK". Did it the second time and it worked fine.

Code:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'index'.
    Parameter name: index
       at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.SelectedIndexCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
       at MPTagThat.InternetLookup.InternetLookup.GetAlbumInformation()
       at MPTagThat.InternetLookup.InternetLookup.SearchForAlbumInformation()
       at MPTagThat.Main.TagsTabButton_Executed(Object sender, CommandExecutedEventArgs e)
       at Elegant.Ui.Command.Execute(Control invoker, Object argument)
       at Elegant.Ui.Control.ExecuteCommand()
       at Elegant.Ui.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at Elegant.Ui.ButtonBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at Elegant.Ui.Control.InvokeMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at Elegant.Ui.Control.OnMouseUp(Control control, MouseEventArgs e)
       at Elegant.Ui.Control.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at Elegant.Ui.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at Elegant.Ui.Ribbon.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

During saving i got this one:
    Code:

System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
       at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
       at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
       at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()
       at MPTagThat.GridView.GridViewTracks.SaveAll(Boolean showProgressDialog)
       at MPTagThat.GridView.GridViewTracks.CheckForChanges()
       at MPTagThat.Main.RefreshTrackList()
       at MPTagThat.TreeViewControl.treeViewFolderBrowser_AfterSelect(Object sender, TreeViewEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterSelect(TreeViewEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
       at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    * after tagging a album from the internet the new coverart and tags are not displayed in the ribbon or in the tags. Only after deselecting and selecting again will display the new coverart and tags.

Can confirm that the new Cover is not updated in the Ribbon, but the Tags should be updated.

* Uninstaller is not working when you have 2 different versions in seperate folders installed. Last one installed displays the correct uninstall dir. But the others display a blank install path. Maybe this can be fixed by adding a install log during install so during uninstall it could be read back.

Hm, never tried that.
    Question is, if i should allow 2 installations at the same timne, or if i should detect an already installed version and remove it (ofc, preserving the user settings)?

Got a exceptions again:

When i selected "tag from internet" and selected the album and clicked "OK". Did it the second time and it worked fine.

This one is fixed and will be available in the next published Beta.

Code:

System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
       at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
       at MPTagThat.TreeViewControl.treeViewFolderBrowser_AfterSelect(Object sender, TreeViewEventArgs e)

Can't find the root cause for this.
    Is it reproduceable?
    I asume you made some changes and then you navigated to another folder, and MPTT asked you, if you want to save your changes. Right?

sweetdude

Portal Member
    March 13, 2011

Can confirm that the new Cover is not updated in the Ribbon, but the Tags should be updated.

Nope unfortunaltly the album tag for example is not updating without re selecting.

Hm, never tried that.
    Question is, if i should allow 2 installations at the same timne, or if i should detect an already installed version and remove it (ofc, preserving the user settings)?

Hmm that's a good one. Just for testing purposes i installed them next to each other in different folders. As long there is no interference between multiple installations it does not matter. And as long as the settings are not version specific...

Code:

Can't find the root cause for this.
    Is it reproduceable?
    I asume you made some changes and then you navigated to another folder, and MPTT asked you, if you want to save your changes. Right?

tag album
    rename the files
    navigate to other folder, (don't save manually)
    say yes to save changes.
    The first file is saved but the second and next files are not saved and this exception pops up.

when I organize a folder including subfolders I got this message when there are files changed but not yet saved.

Code:

at MPTagThat.Organise.OrganiseFiles.Organise(String parameter)
       at MPTagThat.Organise.OrganiseFiles.btApply_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at Elegant.Ui.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at Elegant.Ui.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at Elegant.Ui.ButtonBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at Elegant.Ui.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Thank you for the new beta.

Basically it works fine.

Some findings:

1. When I update some tags, in my case an album cover, mptagthat will delete the comments on saving the file.
    2. If you have chosen a couple of songs (not a single song), the button "search lyrics on the internet" isn't available (I am talking about the main screen area, not the ribbon search)
    3. When I search for a song and (I think) mptagthat doesn't find an album, a dialog pos up saying that mptagthat has found multiple albums, but the area where the albums would be displayed is empty.

4. Question: if a song appears with an red underlying colour, does this mean that mptagthat has detected a defect mp3 file?

5. Improvement suggestion: When searching for album covers on a couple of files, could you internally do the following:
    1. Sort per album
    2. Search album cover

Reason: normally sort order is by title. If you search for covers it will search for the first album, then ask you for the right one, if there are more then one possible hits. You have to choose one. It will search for the next album cover. After that might be another song from the first album to search for. You will have to answer the same dialog for the right cover again. If you sort before the search, mptagthat will choose the same cover for the following songs with the same album tag. That is what I do manually now. This won't matter, if you organised your songs like artist\album\*.* I have artist\*.* Other might have \techno or \charts 2010.

I am not at my mptagthat installation right now, so my description of the button labels might not be exact.

tomtom

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok, was quite busy the last 2 weeks, but now a new build is available on the link shown in first post.

This is fixed now

tag album
    rename the files
    navigate to other folder, (don't save manually)
    say yes to save changes.
    The first file is saved but the second and next files are not saved and this exception pops up.

Fixed in newest build

when I organize a folder including subfolders I got this message when there are files changed but not yet saved.

Fixed as well. was the same reason as the error above

1. When I update some tags, in my case an album cover, mptagthat will delete the comments on saving the file.

Yup. My mistake. Fixed in newest build

2. If you have chosen a couple of songs (not a single song), the button "search lyrics on the internet" isn't available (I am talking about the main screen area, not the ribbon search)

Yes, this was meant to be only for single Tag Edit. but i will expand it to work with Multi Edit as well

3. When I search for a song and (I think) mptagthat doesn't find an album, a dialog pos up saying that mptagthat has found multiple albums, but the area where the albums would be displayed is empty.

Normally, you should see a dialog, saying that nothing has been found and the search should be revised. Can you check again please?

4. Question: if a song appears with an red underlying colour, does this mean that mptagthat has detected a defect mp3 file?

Yes, this means that MP3VAL has detected that the song is for whatever reason invalid.
    Ctrl-Shift-F would be the key short cut to let mp3val fix the file.

5. Improvement suggestion: When searching for album covers on a couple of files, could you internally do the following:
    1. Sort per album
    2. Search album cover

Reason: normally sort order is by title. If you search for covers it will search for the first album, then ask you for the right one, if there are more then one possible hits. You have to choose one. It will search for the next album cover. After that might be another song from the first album to search for. You will have to answer the same dialog for the right cover again. If you sort before the search, mptagthat will choose the same cover for the following songs with the same album tag. That is what I do manually now. This won't matter, if you organised your songs like artist\album\*.* I have artist\*.* Other might have \techno or \charts 2010.

Good idea, will implement it for the final version

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Helmut thanks for your hard work.

Can you tell me where to find the logs. I couldn't find them.

MPTagThat won't start anymore. This was already the case with the last version. The lock started, when I changed to another folder. A complete restart of the computer didn't help. MPTagThat tries to open the remembered folder and crashes. I tried to install the latest beta over the last install. Programm opens but waiting circle is going on endlessly until it crashes. After this it always crashes where the screen says "creating tables".

tomtom

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sure. Config and Log are in:

c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MPTagThat

Simply get rid of the Config Folder. This will ten be like a fresh insall

Maybe you could post me the Logs before, so that i can see the root cause of this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom