Version 3.0.0 Beta (1 Viewer)

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    nothing in the logs

2011-05-28 08:42:02.988281 [ Info][ 1][Program.Main ]: MPTagThat is starting...
    2011-05-28 08:42:03.004882 [ Info][ 1][Program.Main ]: Registering Services
    2011-05-28 08:42:03.004882 [Debug][ 1][Program.Main ]: Registering Settings Manager
    2011-05-28 08:42:03.469726 [ Info][ 1][LocalisationProvider.LoadStrin]: Loading strings file: strings_de.xml
    2011-05-28 08:42:03.562500 [ Info][ 1][LocalisationProvider.LoadStrin]: Loading strings file: strings_en.xml
    2011-05-28 08:42:03.562500 [ Info][ 1][ActionHandler.LoadKeyMap ]: Load key mapping from C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MPTagThat\bin\keymap.xml
    2011-05-28 08:42:03.562500 [ Info][ 6][Program.DoInitService ]: Finished registering services
    2011-05-28 08:42:05.221679 [ Info][ 7][BurnManager.GetAvailableDrives]: BurnManager: Drive DVD RW AD-7241S available for DVD burning. Supporting Dummymode: True, BurnFree: True, MaxWriteSpeed: 33240 kB/s (CD 188x, DVD 24x, BD 7x)
    2011-05-28 08:42:05.221679 [ Info][ 7][BurnManager.SetPreferredDrive ]: BurnManager: Drive Optiarc-DVD RW AD-7241S will be used as preferred burner.
    2011-05-28 08:42:05.375000 [ Info][ 1][Main.Main_Load ]: Main: Loading Main form
    2011-05-28 08:42:05.375000 [ Info][ 1][Main.Main_Load ]: Initialising Ribbon
    2011-05-28 08:42:05.485351 [ Info][ 1][Main.Main_Load ]: Finished Initialising Ribbon

Thx. Deleting the config file helped.

tomtom

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Possible little new bug or display update error

When there are a couple of as "defect" marked mp3s (red line) and I fix more than one song with ctrl+shift+f, mptagthat won't update the fix from the second song on. It doesn't matter if I repair the files one by one or mark a couple and try to repair them at once. This is valid as long as the defect mp3s are in one folder. If I repair the files, then change folder, then revisit folder, the files will be shown as non-defect files.

tomtom

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Version 3.0.0 Beta

Hi hwahrmann!

Big Thanks for ver. 3.0! Unfortunately i have an issue while processing a new database! While scanning, MPTagThat stops working! Screenshots are attached!
    One question more: isn't it possible to add more than one directory to the database? For example: I have stored my music files in d:\Music, e:\music and f:\music! Is it possible, to scan all directories?

Best regards

Helios

Attachments

• Bild049.jpg
      Bild049.jpg
      13.1 KB
    • Bild051.jpg
      Bild051.jpg
      60.3 KB

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: Version 3.0.0 Beta

Hi hwahrmann!

Big Thanks for ver. 3.0! Unfortunately i have an issue while processing a new database! While scanning, MPTagThat stops working! Screenshots are attached!
    One question more: isn't it possible to add more than one directory to the database? For example: I have stored my music files in d:\Music, e:\music and f:\music! Is it possible, to scan all directories?

Best regards

Helios

The issue was that i was running Out of Memory.
    But i just had scanned only 1500 files as per log. Normally, i should be able to hold more than 10,000 files in memory.
    Anything special about those files?

As for the DB Scan, currently i am only scanning one folder, i think it should be possible to add another folder and scan, but need to check.
    I will enhance the screen, to allow more shares.

But assuming that your MPTagThat is in the same LAN as your MP install, it is probably easier to copy the MP Database for MPTagThat.

I am on a business trip from tomorrow onwards, returning on Thursday, and will have a look at your issues then.

Edit: Tested the memory issue here, and run into the same issue after 4200 files. need to check for the reason, because i was already doing tests with > 10000 files.
    The problem is that i am adding all those files to the grid and soon or later i am running out of memory.
    Need to check, if i could somehow put them to disc, but then sortting etc. will get complicated.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Possible little new bug or display update error

When there are a couple of as "defect" marked mp3s (red line) and I fix more than one song with ctrl+shift+f, mptagthat won't update the fix from the second song on. It doesn't matter if I repair the files one by one or mark a couple and try to repair them at once. This is valid as long as the defect mp3s are in one folder. If I repair the files, then change folder, then revisit folder, the files will be shown as non-defect files.

tomtom

Link in first post contains new version.

- Issue withe the fixed mp3 files is now corrected.
    - Lyrics search for multiple selected songs out of Tag Detail panel works
    - Cover Art is cached, so when multiple albums are in the list and a cover has been already retrieved, i get it from the cache
    - Installer now uninstalls a previous installed versions

Please continue reporting bugs, i will try fixing them, when back from business trip.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi,

thanks for the new version. Can the fixing be added to the context menu and / or to the "misc" ribbon? I also asked myself what the red marking could mean and the first thing I tried was a right click. Think this would be the most intuitive way.

Greetings,
    Flip.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yup, good idea.

adding to context is an easy task.

for the ribbon i would just need some suggestion on what type of icon to use.
    i'm not so good in grahics.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    While you are at it:

The functionality of the defect mp3 detection is very hidden in the options.
    Have you thought on turning this option on by default?
    The suggestion from flip will help on this topic, too.
    Maybe add a meaningful symbol in addtion to the red underlying in the symbols column.

thanks for the newly improved version. Will try asap

tomtom

sweetdude

Portal Member
    March 13, 2011
    Hi Guys, I finally found some time to do some more testing. It's nice to see that the updated file feature with icon is implemented like i suggested. Great work hwahrmann! And also for all the other improvements ofcourse ;)

Some more suggestions:
    in the "Details for selected album" screen (when tagging from the internet) it should be nice if you could select multiple albums via SHIFT or CTRL key to move at once. And also keep the focus in the screen when moving files. Now it is possible to move a track out of the windows so you have to use the scroll bar to see it again.
    Also the up and down buttons could be accompanied by a "move to beginning" and a "move to end" button to push the selected songs all the way up or down. Maybe work with double and single arrows instead of text buttons.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi,

one small issue. When using reorganise files, the folder.jpg is not moved with the rest of the files.

I managed to mess up my ribbon so I can not reach all functions. Would be nice to have some sort of reset button in the settings.

Thanks again,
    Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom