[fixed] Very minor : Video full screen player configuration mute problem (1 Viewer)

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I've found a very little bug this time, I think it will be easy to fix.

In video full screen (4/3 for me, didn't tried on a 16/9 monitor), when right clicking to get the "player configuration" menue, if the mouse is exactly on the close image (X) of the player config window, the sound is muted when clicking the close image.

It seems the "mute" button has focus, then the on-click event is get for both "close" and "mute" buttons.

I will specialize for stranges issues :p

Cheers.

Smeulf.

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Very minor : Video full screen player configuration mute problem

First, when I read this bug report, I thought that the Mute and the Close button are triggered by one single button press in the constellation you described, which would have been a bug. But now I have thought about it and now I know that it is not a bug. The behaviour is by design:

The SkinEngine controls of MP2 do neither know about mouse button presses nor about mouse movements while a button is pressed (how is that called in english?). Only normal mouse movements are tracked and lead to control focus changes while button presses are internally translated to keyboard events at once.
    So in your constellation, you move the focus with keyboard commands away from the mouse cursor to the Mute button and then, you click the mouse, which is positioned at an "old position" (at the Close button). So, no new focus movement occurs and the Mute button is pressed.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Albert,

Please be aware I just made mouse clicks, and never focus the mute button by myself.

And I don't understand why the mute button is clicked, and the windows close in the same time (I don't expect an answer unless you have mutch time to explain it to me).

But if you say no bug, it's Ok for me, I won't fight with you :p

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

But you said the Mute button has focus, isn't it? But if you didn't focus it by yourself, how can it have focus? As far as I know, the automatic focus at the first button doesn't work for that screen, and even if it did, it would focus the first button, and the Mute button isn't the first button in that dialog. So I cannot imagine how the the button can have got the focus without that you move the mouse or use the arrow keys at the keyboard. And IF the Mute button has focus, you should see that the button shows the focus color. Does it? There are too many "if"s; can you please take a screenshot from directly after the right click, when the player config dialog is "fresh"? Thx.

The only possible explanation could be that for your 4/3 monitor, the mouse positioning is calculated wrong. But I'm sure that you would have told me if that was the case.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re: AW: Very minor : Video full screen player configuration mute problem

The only possible explanation could be that for your 4/3 monitor, the mouse positioning is calculated wrong. But I'm sure that you would have told me if that was the case.

Albert, you found the problem ! I didn't thought about it, sorry.

See joined picture, buttons are virtualy on top of the reals buttons, as represented in reverse colors.

I tried to click a bit upper than the "X", and "Zoom mode" was focus.

Same on "close video" if I click under the "X" always on the middle of the windows.

After moving the mouse, buttons are "on the right place" and I can click on them to perform the rights functions.

I'm really confused for the incomplete report :(

[Edit] Arf, forgot the picture, bad day for me...

[Edit bis] It's not the mouse, it's the buttons that are not well positioned on the begening, I think...

[Edit 3] After more tests, I can say the problem exists in all the screens. Before moving the mouse, it "think" it's a 16/9 monitor, and focus an item from the top of the screen. In other words, it assume the screen height is always like a 16/9, from the weight (sorry I can't find my words, didn't sleep enough :p )

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Picture.

Cheers.

Attachments

• wrong_mouse_positioning1.jpg
      wrong_mouse_positioning1.jpg
      109 KB

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Yes. You're right, there IS an initialization problem which causes the screen being initialized with a wrong mouse position. Puh, finally :)

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I think I have fixed that bug. Can you please try the new revision?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom