Very slow (over a minute) change between scrambled channels (1 Viewer)

Balazs

Portal Member
March 1, 2016
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Here it is. I did not find the TsReader.log from "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Log", so it is also attached separately.

To be consistent, TV5 Monde is again the first scrambled channel. This time it was already problematic (slow and grey/white screen).

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    The TsReader.log contains lot of:
    [2016-03-03 19:43:26,486] [ 8985b40] [1008] - PES MPEG2 0-0-1 fail
    [2016-03-03 19:43:26,498] [ 8985b40] [1008] - PES audio 0-0-1 fail

This means the transport stream is not decoded correctly by CAM. See also this post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...t-nicht-auf-anhieb.133289/page-2#post-1170396. In this case the "MPEG Audio Decoder" caused trouble. After settings it's priority to lowest level, it worked.

I also know about issues with DD TV cards, where a loose / broken cable between CI / card caused issues.

So there are some things left to try :)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I also know about issues with DD TV cards, where a loose / broken cable between CI / card caused issues.
    I can confirm this. The cable is very delicate and plugging/unplugging just a few times can damage it. The bad news is that it may appear to still be functioning while in reality causing trouble.

Balazs

Portal Member
    March 1, 2016
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thank you both for your thoughts! I would however tend to think that in this case it is not an issue with the cabling (hardware). On the one hand, I just sent back a PCIe CI Expansion Module, which showed exactly the same symptoms. On the other hand, everything works very well and very robustly with DVBViewer Pro Demo. I have no idea about the technical differences with respect to the TV Server of MP2. In any case, later on I would try to look into the other lead Morpheus_xx suggested.

Balazs

Portal Member
    March 1, 2016
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Dear Morpheus_xx,

I still assume that the issue is not due to hardware problems.

In the beginning of my search I thought, I would need to dig into the registry, but eventually found out that GraphStudio can in principle also change the merit of decoders. As a first step I attempted to alter the Microsoft DTV-DVD A/V Decoders, but GraphStudio "[Fails] to update merit value" (run as Administrator).

These days other issues also need my attention, but I will gradually dig deeper. However, if you had any suggestions in the meantime, they would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Balazs

Users who are viewing this thread