Very Slow (1 Viewer)

Tripledrop

Portal Member
June 1, 2009
When I go into MP-tvseries through mediaportal, it is very slow to register what I have listed, and very slow to move between series (and back-up etc). Is this because I have a lot of series / episodes (200 / 7000), or can anyone suggest anything else?

I am using the latest version (2.6.0.1157), v1.1.0 of Mediaportal.

Thx :)

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    mine is at 67/3747 right now and it runs fine on 3 separate clients

You could try to delete the database and rescan, with that many shows it could be a small corruption in the database

But the experts are gonna ask you for full logs so better get those up

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Define "slow".
    Also, we'll need ur pc specs and, since my crystal ball still has not arrived, some logs of you browsing around.

Tripledrop

Portal Member
    June 1, 2009
    Thanks for the replies...

Slow, as in once you click into mp-tvseries from the home screen, only one banner shows for a while, and then once the others show, you can't browse for a little while, and then it seems to catch up... However, once you come back to the list screen (with all the series) from watching a show, it goes back and repeats the cycle. It also takes forever to go backup to the home screen

My specs:

AMD Athlon 7750 Duel-Core Processor 2.70GHz
    4Gb RAM
    ATI Radeon HD3200 GUI
    64-Bit Win 7 Ultimate
    9Tb drive space

PC is only used for mediaportal and watching the occasional bluray.

How do I find the log files?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you switch to a list layout, is it also slow?

When you enter banner view, it should still be pretty fast but it depends on how many cores your cpu and how fast it is. It also loads the banners closest to your current selection to look like there is no delay. Not sure why that is not working for you.

Also if you have tvseries debug logging enabled, this can reduce performance so try disabling that.

But before you disable debug logging (assuming its enabled) post debug logs so we can see how long it takes for the facade to finish loading including filling all the banners.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Running 199/8433 no speed problems at all. I also advice to start new database to ensure it is not coruption playing games

Tripledrop

Portal Member
    June 1, 2009
    I set to debug mode to try to get a log, and twice I've started up MP, and both times the speeds been fine. I did add a load more stuff last night, so re-scanned, so maybe that sorted out the issue?

Thanks for all your suggestions, and I will keep an eye on it for the next few days, just to make sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom