Very strange bug with latest SVN (1 Viewer)

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
May 28, 2006
Den Bosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanks for the reply....

Anything that I can try to fix it?
I have no speacisl language settings, just English for TV Series and Dutch XP...

Maybe try different parsing codes??

It has been like this for 2 weeks now so im hoping I can fix this myself...

EDIT
mmm I just did a rescan of (only) my local removable HDD that is connected to the client and now all is downloaded!
Will try another scan with the server HDD now (my series are diveded over two HDD´s one on client and one on Server)

EDIT
No only the series on the server (other HDD) dont have info!
So the problem must be in that the series are over 2 HDD's...
Im moving all my Series to a lovad HDD on my client and will test if that works....

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Well, it would help alot to narrow down which part of the xml and thus which episode causes this. I tried looking and the raw xml and going by the line number but requesting that ep alone seems fine. so I'm not sure.

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It could be caused by one episode?
    I have 4 series that I added to TVDB myself...
    - Showshakers
    - Discussion with Richard Dawkins
    - Root of All Evil?
    - Flairbar.com
    All of these are on the Server HDD (so could be the problem...)

I just added full DVD season and episode info on TVDB (and checked all of em) maybe this helps, will test as soon as all is copied...

EDIT
    Well all works now, It was 1 series of mine that gave problems (Discussions with Richard Dawkins).
    I moved all my series to the same HDD and now all is fine!

Thanks alot for your help, this is why MP is so great!

Aridyme

Portal Member
    October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I reimported everything slowly, reviewed the log, and found a few episodes that caused problems:

Doctor Who (2005) 2x03
    Xml parsing of http://thetvdb.com/interfaces/EpisodeUpdates.php?lasttime=0&idlist=302431&language=7 failed (line 37 - The 'Overview' start tag on line 16 does not match the end tag of 'Item'. Line 37, position 3.)

Doctor Who (2005) 2x09
    Xml parsing of http://thetvdb.com/interfaces/EpisodeUpdates.php?lasttime=0&idlist=302435&language=7 failed (line 37 - The 'Overview' start tag on line 16 does not match the end tag of 'Item'. Line 37, position 3.)

Doctor Who (2005) 2x13
    Xml parsing of http://thetvdb.com/interfaces/EpisodeUpdates.php?lasttime=0&idlist=302437&language=7 failed (line 37 - The 'Overview' start tag on line 16 does not match the end tag of 'Item'. Line 37, position 3.)

The Lost Room 0x01
    Xml parsing of http://thetvdb.com/interfaces/EpisodeUpdates.php?lasttime=0&idlist=341920&language=7 failed (line 33 - The 'Overview' start tag on line 16 does not match the end tag of 'Item'. Line 33, position 3.)

Any episodes added after these had only episode titles downloaded. After removing these episodes from the database, removing the episodes that were added after them, and reimporting, all episodes had thumbs and descriptions, etc.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Aridyme, all those eps contain some weird characters at the very end of their description, right before the </overview> closing tag. For instance a single character for three dots (...) or some "elegantly-swung" quote character (").

This seems to confuse the hell out of the xml parser. I can only concur that its a bug in the plugin that has to do with Text-Encoding, which is just a real pain to work with (I remember trying to get Kyrilic characters to work).

Aridyme

Portal Member
    October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I see, that makes sense.

Turns out that you already mentioned a workaround for this problem in one of your earlier posts; I had Windows running in Japanese mode, and once I switched to English all those episodes imported without XML parsing errors. Thanks for checking things out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom