VGA to Composite Output? (1 Viewer)

myshtern

December 20, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi Everyone,

After messing around with a bunch of PVR programs, I've settled on Media Portal, it's great. I've got everything working except the guide (in a different thread) and the output to the TV. I ordered this adapter:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320186510908&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=011

The video that comes out is black and white, is extremely fuzzy, has 3 screens split on the tv, and rolls up and down probably 3 times a second. I'm thinking this is some sort of setting I need to change on my video card which has an nvidia chipset.

I'm a total newb to this stuff, could someone help me out?

Thanks

reverson1

Portal Pro
May 23, 2006
Williamsburg,VA
Home Country
Sounds like your card isn't capatible with this adapter.

"5. It will work with VGA cards that has TV-Out function capability through the VGA connector. Check your Video Card manual or manufacturer to make sure that your VGA card has TV-Out function capability"

You'd probably be better off with video card that has tv out.

myshtern

December 20, 2007
Home Country
I'll definitely look into that. My card has an S-video out, but the TV is quite old so it doesnt have an s-video input.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    you can convert svideo to rca pretty easily (usually).
    Your best bet is to get a converter for that. they're pretty cheap and a lot more simple.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I don't think that card has the option to do the VGA - TV conversion.
    There needs to be extra pins connected that carry signals not normally found in VGA (these pins are usually not connected in regular VGA outputs).
    Generally, the ones that do are only the ones that have component outputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom