1.11.0 Video & Audio Stuttering for short period of time for LiveTV only after S3 or S5 (3 Viewers)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi mm,
    big thanks from me, you explain me too many things regarding EPG!

the idle EPG grabber may only run once every 24 hours whereas the timeshifting grabber runs every time you tune a checked channel.
    Do you mean EPG trigger by PS? BTW, if EPG when idle, then the refresh time can be shorter then 24 hours, right?

If you don't want to read specifications then perhaps you could look for books at your local library or something, because I cannot spend months or years explaining to you. :)
    Thank you. I will try to find some book:)

I would have last question this week (joke:)): If I set up EPG grabbing in Power Scheduler (wake up computer and to grab EPG), will the TV Server do EPG grabbing based on PS if the EPG refresh time is not fulfilled? Or does not matter about the refresh time and the Power Scheduler will trigger EPG grabbing anyway?
    Is the EPG grabbing based on PS same as EPG when idle (I mean does it grabb EPG from all checed TV channels / MUXes)?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do you mean EPG trigger by PS?
    No. I just mean the normal refresh time. PS does not trigger the EPG grabber. It just wakes up the PC, and the EPG grabber will start if the configured refresh time has elapsed.

BTW, if EPG when idle, then the refresh time can be shorter then 24 hours, right?
    Of course. It was just an example.

If I set up EPG grabbing in Power Scheduler (wake up computer and to grab EPG), will the TV Server do EPG grabbing based on PS if the EPG refresh time is not fulfilled? Or does not matter about the refresh time and the Power Scheduler will trigger EPG grabbing anyway?
    No. As above, the idle grabber will not start grabbing unless the refresh time is fulfilled. PS cannot tell the EPG grabber to start grabbing.

Is the EPG grabbing based on PS same as EPG when idle (I mean does it grabb EPG from all checed TV channels / MUXes)?
    PS just wakes the PC. It doesn't have a grabber. The grabber is the idle grabber.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    PS does not trigger the EPG grabber. It just wakes up the PC, and the EPG grabber will start if the configured refresh time has elapsed.
    Aha, ok, I see. It would mean if I configure EPG based on idle and I would use PS to Reboot system e.g. on daily basis, it should do the same as PS EPG on daily basis, right? PS should restart the system, startup the TV Server and goes to idle, and when idle, then it should trigger EPG grabber (if configured EPG in idle), right?

Regarding to full EPG on CT1 channel, I was testing it and it really contains EPG data for all channels:)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It would mean if I configure EPG based on idle and I would use PS to Reboot system e.g. on daily basis, it should do the same as PS EPG on daily basis, right?
    Correct. PS configuration should match the EPG grabber... or the server should be on 24/7.

PS should restart the system, startup the TV Server and goes to idle, and when idle, then it should trigger EPG grabber (if configured EPG in idle), right?
    Correct, yes. :)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Correct. PS configuration should match the EPG grabber... or the server should be on 24/7.
    I think there is one advantage when PS wake up System for EPG grabbing -> Dont put computer to sleep while grabbing EPG (it should finish EPG even the computer is ready to go to standby when the system reach timer to go to sleep.

Anyway what happen if the system is in idle (was not wake up via PS) and system should go to sleep due to "put computer to sleep after e.g. 1 min) but EPG grabbing is still in execution (based on idle trigger with timeout e.g. 2 min)? Will system go to sleep or will it stay awake by time when EPG grabbing finish / timeout expires?[DOUBLEPOST=1436605003][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I think there is one advantage when PS wake up System for EPG grabbing -> Dont put computer to sleep while grabbing EPG (it should finish EPG even the computer is ready to go to standby when the system reach timer to go to sleep.

Anyway what happen if the system is in idle (was not wake up via PS) and system should go to sleep due to "put computer to sleep after e.g. 1 min) but EPG grabbing is still in execution (based on idle trigger with timeout e.g. 2 min)? Will system go to sleep or will it stay awake by time when EPG grabbing finish / timeout expires?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Anyway what happen if the system is in idle (was not wake up via PS) and system should go to sleep due to "put computer to sleep after e.g. 1 min) but EPG grabbing is still in execution (based on idle trigger with timeout e.g. 2 min)? Will system go to sleep or will it stay awake by time when EPG grabbing finish / timeout expires?
    It depends on the "don't put computer to sleep..." setting that you already mentioned. If that option is ticked, PS will not put the PC to sleep until EPG grabbing for all MUXes is complete. If the option is not ticked, PS will put the PC to sleep even though the EPG grabber is still running. In my opinion it is not safe to untick that option. Forcing the PC to go to sleep may interrupt the EPG grabber in such a way that the TV service (or maybe even the PC!) must be restarted before the tuner and TV service can function properly again.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    It depends on the "don't put computer to sleep..." setting that you already mentioned. If that option is ticked, PS will not put the PC to sleep until EPG grabbing for all MUXes is complete.

Will this setting prevent system to go to sleep even other PS EPG settings are unchecked (not in use)?
    And will it prevents system to go to sleep for EPG grabbing while timeshifting?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Will this setting prevent system to go to sleep even other PS EPG settings are unchecked (not in use)?
    Sorry, I don't know. I'm not a PS expert.

And will it prevents system to go to sleep for EPG grabbing while timeshifting?
    Again, I don't know... but wouldn't it be strange to want to send the PC to sleep during timeshifting?

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    but wouldn't it be strange to want to send the PC to sleep during timeshifting?
    Yes and no:) Lets thing you have EPG while timeshifting, you are watching TV, then you stop it, but meanwhile the EPG grabber is still grabbing EPG, you left your System, which is now in idle... after few min it should go to sleep, but EPG is still running .. I know the probability it will happen is small, but still bigger then zero:)[DOUBLEPOST=1436613026][/DOUBLEPOST]I would have one more question to the TV EPG Grabber part - why there is for one langauge more options - e.g. there are 3 options for czech language, would you know what is difference between them and why there is not just 1 language option for each language?

Another example is German language, there are also 2 - 3 options (2-3 lines with german language).

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    you are watching TV, then you stop it, but meanwhile the EPG grabber is still grabbing EPG
    Impossible. The timeshifting EPG grabber is also stopped when you stop TV.

why there is for one langauge more options - e.g. there are 3 options for czech language, would you know what is difference between them and why there is not just 1 language option for each language?

Another example is German language, there are also 2 - 3 options (2-3 lines with german language).
    Language codes are meant to be taken from ISO-639 part 2. The standard has 2 types of codes - B (= bibliographic) and T (= terminologic). Most languages have the same B and T code (eg. English = eng), but some are different:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_639-2#B_and_T_codes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom