Video/Audio Sync and Micro Stuttering (1 Viewer)

venno

December 9, 2006
Home Country
MediaPortal Version: 2.0.4.0 and latest SVN
MediaPortal Skin: Spin Safe
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: AMD X2 4200
HDD: Seagate SATAII 120GB
Memory: Geil 2GB DDRII 800MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte M59SLI-S5
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Leadtek 7900GS PCIe 256MB
Video Card Driver: NVIDIA 93.71
Sound Card: Onboard Dolby Digital Live
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: DNTV Dual Hybrid PCIe
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Fusion DVB Lite
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Purevideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Purevideo
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Zalman HD-160
Cooling: Zalman CNPS9600
Power Supply: Zalman 460W
Remote: MCE
TV: Teac Plasma 1024x1024
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI-D

Finished my htpc project and installed mediaportal plus latest svn. Everything works fine except for one odd problem.

Intermittantly the audio will go out of sync with the video and a reboot of the PC is required. Nothing else will fix the issue, not restarting mediaportal, and it occurs regardless of codec selection (I have tried them all and varied each setting).

Intermittantly micro stuttering of the video will occur, rest of the details same as above.

Both these problems can occur independantly of each other or at the same time.

I have read thru just about every thread on the community and tried all the various fixes to no avail. It does not seem to make any difference what the media portal settings are, what codecs I use, what the codec settings are....etc....etc..

I have a HD set top box connected to the same TV and can confirm that I have no problems with the incoming stream, signal level, signal quality (I have a powered splitter/amp feeding my devices). Signal checks with the DNTV software confirm this also.

Interestingly, when i use the supplied DNTV PVR software, I get none of these problems. Unfortunately this software is no where near the functionality or look of MP, so its use is for comparison only.

I have also investigated heat as a cause, but the internal case temp is a steady 42C, VGA 65C, CPU 38C. All steady.

I run 720p 50Hz out to the TV (I have tried other settings but no diff).

Anyone have any ideas?

cheers

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    MediaPortal Version: 2.0.4.0 and latest SVN
    MediaPortal Skin: Spin Safe
    Windows Version: XP SP3

Exactly what version of MediaPortal are you running? I didn't think that applying the latest SVN over 0.2.0.4 was a valid and recommended combination?

Also, I am not aware of an SP3 for Windows XP? What version of Windows XP are you really using? Is it patched with all the latest recommended Microsoft patches (from Windows Update)?

Have you applied all the patches and fixes recommended in "Tips and Tricks"?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've seen some mce community threads as well recommending SVN over 0.2.0.4 - this CANNOT work smoothly - be warned!

venno

December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Xp SP3 is xp with all serv paks and updates installed.

I built MP up with ver 2 then the 2.04 update. This worked ok, then i installed the svn dated 19 dec, which worked even better.

Is that an incorrect sequence to have used?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I built MP up with ver 2 then the 2.04 update. This worked ok
    Does "OK" mean that you didn't experience the problems listed here with 0.2.0.4?

then i installed the svn dated 19 dec, which worked even better. Is that an incorrect sequence to have used?
    YES, it certainly is incorrect! Please follow the instructions here, and only apply the SVNs to v0.2.0.0.

I suggest you uninstall MediaPortal, delete the remaining MediaPortal folder and start afresh with v 0.2.1.0 (or 0.2.0.0 if you insist on applying "bleading edge" SVNs).

Use the default BlueTwo skin and the default MPA & MPV decoders and see if the problems mentioned here still occur.

Of course, if the problems mentioned here have always existed for you with every version of MediaPortal you have tried so far, then starting afresh may not change that, but at least we will know that you have a vaild install.

Also, you haven't answered this question "Have you applied all the patches and fixes recommended in "Tips and Tricks"?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom