North America
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

vbap

Portal Pro
February 15, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
01&G said:
Yep, I already have the Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150MCE as TV card, but stuck with a graphic card. :(

Is it just me, or are you chasing your tail a bit ?!?!?

Also, none of your posts mention where you are, so bit difficult to offer advice on where to get. MCE2005 remote costs ~AUD$70 or so.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Well, don't think it's necessary to get an additional MCE remote, if you're using a Hauppauge card which comes with a remote? (As long as you don't want to control external devices, of course)

01&G

Portal Member
July 5, 2005
Wellington
vbap said:
Is it just me, or are you chasing your tail a bit ?!?!?

Sorry mate, I need a video/graphic card and my friend needs a capture card. I have a Hauppauge card but without a remote control. A version is MCE which comes without a RC. I live in NZ, a MCE RC cost about $135NZ, which a little bit expensive.

FYI: The Hauppauge 150 w RC cost about $NZ250/$US175 to compare with this one $NZ135/$US94 :(

0.7USD = 1NZD(Banks rate, average).

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
01&G said:
FYI: The Hauppauge 150 w RC cost about $NZ250/$US175 to compare with this one $NZ135/$US94 :(

0.7USD = 1NZD(Banks rate, average).
That's pretty impressing. Usually the Hauppauge cards without a remote are about the same cheaper as a half MCE remote would be. Here the PVR-150 MCE (without remote) is about 70 Euros, the PVR-150 (incl. remote) is about 90 Euros. The difference you found is unreasonable high.

vbap

Portal Pro
February 15, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Coloured buttons act as shortcuts to key areas such as TV Guide, Aspect Ratio (I think) etc.

I use the iMon RSC remote, no problems (except it lacks dedicated channel change and record buttons), but the iMon software allows a reasonable degree of configuration. The good thing with the iMon is that the joystick can be used to control the mouse, and it has it's own virtual keyboard application, so some basic MP functions can be controlled withut keyboard/mouse.

EDIT: I should also explain, that the iMon is not supported natively by MP, but the iMon software allows you to easily configure the remote buttons to Map to MP keyboard shortcuts. Once you make your decision, if you go with iMon RSC I can provide the iMon ".imo" file for use with MP. Or if you get the iMon PAD remote, there are others here in the forums with .imo files for that version.
I think I might eventually go for the MCE2005 remote, but I'm not keen on the external receiver...

01&G

Portal Member
July 5, 2005
Wellington
vbap said:
Coloured buttons act as shortcuts to key areas such as TV Guide, Aspect Ratio (I think) etc.

Big thanks vbap. Does US version work ok without that buttons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom